Is rex stressed?

Mrdankdabz

Hi for some reason my cham is looking very dark compared to last night and yesterday. Hes in his designated basking spot and there are 2 crickets in his cage(he eat 2) he drank a little this morning but i dont think enough

Hi for some reason my cham is looking very dark compared to last night and yesterday. Hes in his designated basking spot and there are 2 crickets in his cage(he eat 2) he drank a little this morning but i dont think enough

Attachments

• 1461943813372.jpg
    1461943813372.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 126
He looks dehydrated from that picture. Do you have a misting system? He needs to be under mist for a good half and hour several times a day for a few days. How long have you had him? How old is he? Four crickets seems like too little food.

He looks dehydrated from that picture. Do you have a misting system? He needs to be under mist for a good half and hour several times a day for a few days. How long have you had him? How old is he? Four crickets seems like too little food.
I got him yesterday from a pet store that only misted twice a day no spray system. I need help. Not very active right now. Showered him as best i could today but i know it REALLY stressed him

Yeah, this species requires quite a bit of water. How did you shower him? It shouldn't have stressed him.
I think it was more getting him there that stressed him. I put him in the tub and used my whole liter bottle on him and the plant. He was being difficult so he had his front 2 legs on my finger and his back to on his plant. Once i started spraying him he stayed very still with his eyes closed and seemed to enjoy it. His colors now are light green, dark green now he is at the bottom of the tank with his eyes closed but its almost bed time (the pet store was having him sleep from 8pm to 10am). Having trouble uploading a picture on my mobile device.

You want to put him on a plant and then run the shower with warmish water bouncing off the walls, not the plant. The idea is to get a mist falling around him.

He is likely a wild caught with all the wild caught problems. Hydration is the first and most important thing to deal with.

You want to put him on a plant and then run the shower with warmish water bouncing off the walls, not the plant. The idea is to get a mist falling around him.

He is likely a wild caught with all the wild caught problems. Hydration is the first and most important thing to deal with.
i will give him a VERY thorough shower tomorow when i get home and will have family members mist him occasionally plus constant dripped on a wide leaf good for catching droplets when he needs them. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom