Introducing Alfalfa!

M&M

We are so very excited to introduce Alfalfa who just arrived this morning! He's been such a brave little guy after his cross-country trip last night and is settling into his new enclosure nicely. He had some crickets for lunch and has been exploring and taking little licks of his branches. I can't get over how tiny he is! :love:

He's our first male and our first panther. His colors are absolutely stunning and I've been fascinated by how often and quickly he changes them. I can't wait to see what he has to show us in the future. 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations and welcome to the cutie pie Alfalfa! 🥳 🤗He is adorable and precious! I’m looking forward to watching him grow in all of the pics you’ll be sharing. ;)🥰

• Love
Reactions: M&M
We are so very excited to introduce Alfalfa who just arrived this morning! He's been such a brave little guy after his cross-country trip last night and is settling into his new enclosure nicely. He had some crickets for lunch and has been exploring and taking little licks of his branches. I can't get over how tiny he is! :love:

He's our first male and our first panther. His colors are absolutely stunning and I've been fascinated by how often and quickly he changes them. I can't wait to see what he has to show us in the future. 🥰
He is perfect! :love:

• Love

Phenomenal pictures! have fun and enjoy every minute!

• Love
I wish I had room for a second enclosure I’d love a panther
I have Alfalfa in my office now, but I have to admit, it's really tempting to get rid of our guest room and give it to the chams... As of now, they will live in opposite corners of our bedroom (once Alfie has finished his initial quarantine period and can join Tina in there) but that wouldn't allow me room to add a third. :ROFLMAO: Once he's out of my office maybe I'll get a permanent resident in here too.

Congratulations. Having two in the home you want to make sure they can not see one another. And if you have not gotten fecals done to ensure they are both parasite free you want to make sure you never cross contaminate anything.

• Love
Congratulations. Having two in the home you want to make sure they can not see one another. And if you have not gotten fecals done to ensure they are both parasite free you want to make sure you never cross contaminate anything.
Absolutely! We definitely don't want either of them to be uncomfortable. We haven't gotten a fecal for him yet; he hasn't seen our vet as he just got here and we want to give him some time to settle in -- but Tina needs a blood test in the next month, so we have it on the list!

We're keeping him in a separate room for the first 30+ days to make sure that they are both healthy before moving him into the same room. They won't be within eyesight of each other and I use lots of (heavily washed) fake vining on the outside of the enclosures to create a 'screen' that they can hide behind to avoid being bothered by seeing movement of us walking around etc. They don't have any access to the fake vines themselves.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 8
Absolutely! We definitely don't want either of them to be uncomfortable. We haven't gotten a fecal for him yet; he hasn't seen our vet as he just got here and we want to give him some time to settle in -- but Tina needs a blood test in the next month, so we have it on the list!

We're keeping him in a separate room for the first 30+ days to make sure that they are both healthy before moving him into the same room. They won't be within eyesight of each other and I use lots of (heavily washed) fake vining on the outside of the enclosures to create a 'screen' that they can hide behind to avoid being bothered by seeing movement of us walking around etc. They don't have any access to the fake vines themselves.
Why does Tina need a blood test?

As far as the quarantine that is great just make sure you have done fecals on both to ensure their is not a parasite issue for either before having the cages in the same room. Chams can seem totally find but carry a parasite load. Often until the parasite load is quite high you do not see visible health issues.

Why does Tina need a blood test?

As far as the quarantine that is great just make sure you have done fecals on both to ensure their is not a parasite issue for either before having the cages in the same room. Chams can seem totally find but carry a parasite load. Often until the parasite load is quite high you do not see visible health issues.
The first time we took Tina to the vet we were worried about a possible RI (like everyone seems to be in the early days, but she was completely fine, it turned out that she was just trying to look at her dripper from a different angle :ROFLMAO:). Our vet asked if we would be ok with running a blood test (she was purchased from PetSmart, so she recommended this). Her results returned with slightly elevated levels of calcium and urtic acid. From there, the lab unfortunately messed up with the sample and weren't able to run any additional screens on the tiny amount of blood they were sent. When the lab called the vet, the doctor refused to provide any additional blood until Tina's had a lengthy time in between - but to confirm that her levels are returning back to normal we plan to take her for a follow up in the next month or so.

Back
Top Bottom