Is it just me or does her leg look swollen

Here’s some photos from today.
Still swollen looking, not sure if she’s having problems gripping but I have noticed that I think she isn’t really holding things with that foot. It seems to be more of an open grip to keep balance and not holding.
IMG_1276.jpeg

Here’s a comparison of her front feet
IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1275.jpeg

As for her back legs…
They have always been kind of wonkey due to her past history and MBD so I’m not sure if they have any changes in thickness or size.

So ya, can’t wait to get to the vet to check this out

Hey guys, here for ur opinion on Nachitos leg again. I think the swellings gotten a little worse but I’m not sure
What do you all think?

Also she’s been darker than usual

Photos from a few days ago
IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

And photos from today
IMG_1309.jpeg
IMG_1310.jpeg
IMG_1300.jpeg

Also are her claws abnormally long or are those normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpeg
    IMG_1305.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
The swelling looks just a bit more. Until the vet can diagnose and get her on appropriate treatment, just keep doing what you are. Her claws are long, but that’s pretty normal for the girls. Usually when they dig to lay their eggs, it shortens their claws a bit.

It does look more swollen and like she's hanging her leg, what's an indicator, what I have read so far, that it's gout. Nachito never laid eggs so far?

Update - went to the vet, they went over all my husbandry and feeding. They said most likely not MBD due to my prevention methods and whatnot. Their guess right now is a soft tissue injury so she has some pain meds. We will wait a month and if it doesn't get better we will go back to do bloodwork to see if it's gout.

Edit: also most forgot, they said to keep an eye on her because the meds can make her a little drowsy and wobbly.

Also look at her little toes - her swollen leg is on the right
IMG_1329.png

I believe it was tramadyl
It’s an oral medication. They said to just stick the syringe in her mouth, like right at the front and give her the meds little by little. Do this every other day for about a month. And they got the weight right this time!
Also the doc that came in was super cool! So nice and seemed to know his stuff.

Nachito is officially about 83 grams! She’s gone up about 30 since her last visit almost a year ago!

They said to just stick the syringe in her mouth, like right at the front and give her the meds little by little.
No and yes. The airway is in the front of the mouth, so you want to aim down the back of her throat. Depending on how much you need to give at one time should determine speed. I’m never really sure of how much is too much at one time, so I try not to give more than around 0.2-0.3 ml per squirt. Tramadol is good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom