Indigo's New Crib

Jamelon

Hey guys ive finally gotten around to adding some real plants to Inidgo's enclosure comments and criticism always welcome :D The plants in there are Croton and Dracaena. Boy let me tell you guys, Indigo does not like being moved haha, but she did like the ficus i put her on while i was working on the cage though. Didnt want to get off of it.

Old Cage
IMG_0065-1.jpg

New Cage
IMG_0067.jpg

did you checkthem out to be cham safe plants? The enclosure looks real nice but I would still have some type of plant that has branches so she can hide in the plant and crawl around in the plant like a Shefflera. The two you have are decorative but not really functional. Just my observation!!!

Yup, I agree. You definitely need more cover. I also worry about the plant pot perched on top of a deli cup. It's not very safe at all, and if it's tipped by your cham and/or falls on him, it won't be a good thing. I'm not sure that those two plants are on the "safe" list. Some chams like to nibble on plants. Post more pics if you do a change!

did you checkthem out to be cham safe plants? The enclosure looks real nice but I would still have some type of plant that has branches so she can hide in the plant and crawl around in the plant like a Shefflera. The two you have are decorative but not really functional. Just my observation!!!

Yeah i checked and they are both safe, The only umbrella plant i have is too big for the cage, these are the only 2 i have at the moment. I took some of the branches i pruned from my umbrella tree to see if i can get them to grow so that i can put them into the enclosure, same with my dying ficus :p Ill keep my eye open for some smaller ficus' and schefflera when i go shopping. I also have a pothos but its really small lol. Oh i have a money tree but someone on this forum told me that its poisonous, is this true?

Yup, I agree. You definitely need more cover. I also worry about the plant pot perched on top of a deli cup. It's not very safe at all, and if it's tipped by your cham and/or falls on him, it won't be a good thing. I'm not sure that those two plants are on the "safe" list. Some chams like to nibble on plants. Post more pics if you do a change!

I needed a stand and that is the only one that worked, its actually alot sturdier than it looks, i gave it a couple of pushes and it didnt wabble at all. Im still looking for a better base for it though

Thanks for the input guys :D

I can usually find small schefflera plants at Home Depot, and they don't take too long to grow. I suppose you can put a smaller one on a plant stand until it grows to fit. A big one can be easily trimmed without killing it. You can also add some of the fake plants you used before to add cover while the real ones fill in. Just some thoughts :)

Thay really do look brilliant whether there cham proof or not lol

lol thanks! i bought them at walmart for 2$ each but they werent in those pots, just got some bigger pots at the dollar store and they look awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom