Ikea Branches?

flashjord101

I bought some great and cheap branches from Ikea to set up my new larger cage. Any suggestions on how to make sure they are clean and sanitary. They rather large and will be a bit tricky to boil. I think these are bleached Willow branches. Although another Ikea description said Mulberry. pretty sure Willow.

thanks for the help!

J

Attachments

• branches.JPG
    branches.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 203
Give them a good rinse. If you are really concerned with them being sanitized, wash them with a 12+% hydrogen peroxide solution and then rinse more.

They look nice but I would not use them at all. I tried the same kind. With mistings the paint begins to drip off and I'd be too worried about my cham ingesting it.

There's pain on them? Are you crazy? Just go hack some branches off a tree outside! People get so trapped by fear of doing something unsanitary. Any maple or oak is fine.

If they are the same kind I had they are coated in white paint. I figured I'd try them since my mom thought they'd look nice but was surprised to see milky white water dripping off of them.

They may not be, they sell similar ones at Joann craft stores, and they're just bare wood. If they are painted, don't use them, go for anything else. If they aren't, rinse them like others have suggested.

I agree that wild branches are great. But since you have these purchased, go ahead and use them if they aren't coated in anything.

The ones I got from ikea are plain wood. Paint would be a bad idea.

By the way, hydrogen peroxide ends up turning into water and oxygen after it starts foaming.

Back
Top Bottom