hurricanes

Dankmeleon

just wanted to remind everyone to keep in mind of the hurricane situation right now in the gulf of mexico. this could indirectly affect your chameleon shipment to and from this region and it would be a shame for any chameleons to die because of the contingency plans that may go into affect should it turn out to be serious.

just keep it in mind as i know a lot of people will be running to ship chams monday!

There is a high chance that we will not be shipping this week. Any orders from the weekend will ship possibly Wednesday at the earliest, but most likely next Monday. We are currently preparing to move all chameleons that are housed outdoors to a secure location.

What a great way to start the school year as well!!! Thankfully the latest 5pm track has shifted it slightly west and it is no longer aimed directly down my street!!!!

At least the aftermath will conclude with an insane weekend in DAYTONA!!!!! And of course, stop by Mike's booth for free DDTs!

I am cracking myself up thinking about evacuating all of these chams + babies, plus 3 dogs, 2 turtles, 1 bird, 2 snakes, 3 kids-OH what a car full that would be.
But on the serious side I am thinking I honestly need a plan that would include packing everyone up if need be.

I am cracking myself up thinking about evacuating all of these chams + babies, plus 3 dogs, 2 turtles, 1 bird, 2 snakes, 3 kids-OH what a car full that would be.
But on the serious side I am thinking I honestly need a plan that would include packing everyone up if need be.

LOL. Thats cracking me up too. UH, get a uhaul or 2:D

if you think it will be really serious you should probably arrange for a uhaul to be saved for you if you really think you need one. We tried to get one when i lived in houston and katrina was threatening it and there was a long line to get them and they were all sold out before we could get one >.<

For so many years Tampa Bay has been spared-we have got to be on the list for the big one! For those of you that don't know-Pinellas County here is the most populated county in Florida and it is a penninsula. If a category 3 or higher were to hit this place it would be devastated! Most of the driving we do is over bridges and everyone saw what happened to the bridges with Katrina! I live on the very Northern tip of Tampa Bay so luckily I am not so landlocked, and I am on one of the highest points in the county so we do not get evacuated until dead last. All of this coupled with the fact that so many people just like me are used to everything missing us, so we are quite ill prepared to go if we had to. The last hurricane to brush us that came from the East coast knocked out power for a week in many places! So if I go missing sometime between Tuesday and Thursday you all know why!

yea we are just going to board up all the windows get as much ice and water as possible and have a killer blaze sesh.

cant imagine what its like, i live in the UK, we had a mild earchquake a few weeks back, woke everyone up and set car alarms off, thats as major as we get

Hey Dank - looks like everything will be ok, just a rain storm. Fortunately we have the accordian shutters so if it changes into something it takes us 10 minutes to close and lock them all. Critters will have to adjust to no windows to look out of.

hurricanes are actually a great time to spend quality time with the ones u love, in the past we've had no power for as long as 4-5 days during hurricane ivan and the one right before that which was not frances but can't exactly recall there has been so many, anyways everyone stay safe and like i said

you should def use the quiet time to let the people u love know how much, its rediculous how fun board games are with the fam when there is no electricity!

you should def use the quiet time to let the people u love know how much, its rediculous how fun board games are with the fam when there is no electricity![/QUOTE]

I agree Dank!!! I live quite a ways from my family. My sis, mom and niece were up here last week and left sunday. We had a great time and I already miss them. We went to this enclosed beach near the Chesapeak Bay that had some swamp and pond trails. It was pretty cool I found tons of shark teeth and saw some river otters and other various pond and swamp critters. No bald eagles though:( I am dying to see one in the wild.

To stay on subject though. I live in the mountains and where I live the biggest thing mother nature has to offer are tornados on some of the flat spots. I dont worry about those though I am pretty safe besides maybe a rock slide, downed tree, lighning and a few other not so big things compared to a hurricane. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL!!!!

It's a big rain cloud moving at 10-15 mph.
I'd say the worst that will happen is a few blown of shingles.
Maybe a few blocks without electricity.
The biggest damage will be the storm surge in South Florida.

I'll be snook and tarpon fishing the the dams and inlets when this is all over!

Best of luck to all of us Floridians.

Geez, some people kill me. Its not even a proper storm, yet people are FREAKING OUT. Yea I went to the store today and bought some water, only because I do not like my tap water and I buy a few gallons every week. Yea I got flashlights and candles, that I have had for YEARS. Around here, the local news simply says, "yea its a storm, be smart." Other nationwide stations come busting in " FOX NEWS ALERT! HURRICANE FAY BARRELING DOWN ON FLORIDA!" I guess I just don't view storms like everyone else. Matter of fact, everytime a hurricane comes through Fla. me and my buddies ALWAYS throw hurricane parties. Anywho, I will say that a clever person would get out of the way of a massive storm (i.e. Katrina) but this hurricane seems more like a good rainshower for a state that been drying up for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom