Hunting with mouth open?

I have found that I must have asked an alarming question, but am a new owner and haven't found any reason to be alarmed, he eats and drinks fine as far as I can tell, and looks very healthy! I think I have learned alot from asking and am making him an outside screen enclosure today. As far as on a regular basis he is in my room and the gauges (although they are aparantly not the best, getting digis soon) reads 80-85 which was recently adjusted to high of 82. Good advice on the combo lamp I hadn't considered that... I have only caught him with his mouth open on two occasions, once hanging upside down above his crickets (which he has also had fruit flys once...waiting for culture to produce more) and the second when he was outside hanging out on top of his enclosure...It is possible he was hot on the second ocasion, this is TX and it was 10 or 11 am but might have been 90 outside. From now on, when he is put outside it will be more like 8am untill summer is over. Like I said before I am a newby and am nervous and it seems I created more alarm than needed I have not seen him do it since I posted the first thread, and have payed close attention to his breathing and haven't found any signs of a respitory infection.

Back
Top Bottom