Huge enclosure is done!

He's on the move!!

4729fb67-8ab9-8872.jpg

4729fb67-8ac5-3914.jpg

4729fb67-8ad2-1be6.jpg

4729fb67-8add-539e.jpg

4729fb67-8ae9-43e9.jpg

:D

Hmmm...I noticed earlier that he took a lil nibble out of the fern and just a little bit ago he took a swipe at the pothos. Is this normal for a verrucosus? I know that veileds like to munch, but I haven't read that verru's do? :confused:

So I'm sitting here looking at the cage and was thinking, would it make sense to put another 48" fixture on the back of the enclosure, half way up, to get some more light in there?

I have one fixture already at the top with a 6500k and a reptisun 5.0. Is it overkill to add the one on the backside? Any benefit? No benefit? Please and thanks!

I would not add a linear light any place other than downward facing from the top. You could add some clamp lights shining down at angles maybe, but in nature the light shines down and out so I do not know what impact it could have to have an unnatural positioning of light if that makes sense?

Set up 1 in each corner shining down 100w 6500k cfl's down into the depths at differing angles. Your plants will GROW more but overall no real value add.

I would not add a linear light any place other than downward facing from the top. You could add some clamp lights shining down at angles maybe, but in nature the light shines down and out so I do not know what impact it could have to have an unnatural positioning of light if that makes sense?

Set up 1 in each corner shining down 100w 6500k cfl's down into the depths at differing angles. Your plants will GROW more but overall no real value add.

Yep. That's pretty much what I was thinking. The light would go down, not out and down. Thanks for the info!

I would just add another fixture on top, maybe a dual with another 6500k and a "soft white" bulb.

I currently have a dual 48" with the reptisun and 6500k. Adding another like you're suggesting wouldn't be overkill? I thought about doing this, but wasn't sure... Thanks!

I currently have a dual 48" with the reptisun and 6500k. Adding another like you're suggesting wouldn't be overkill? I thought about doing this, but wasn't sure... Thanks!

I dont think so.

Ive had 2-6500k, a 5.0, a soft-white, and a basking bulb on top of a 2x2x4 and it seemed to work just fine.

That said, you dont necessarily need a ton of light.

In an enclosure that large, I dont think it would hurt though.

I dont think so.

Ive had 2-6500k, a 5.0, a soft-white, and a basking bulb on top of a 2x2x4 and it seemed to work just fine.

That said, you dont necessarily need a ton of light.

In an enclosure that large, I dont think it would hurt though.

I just bought another 48" double fixture!

Back
Top Bottom