How often should I be feeding

R.H

Hello, please could someone advise me to how often I should be feedin my 10 month old female pantha chameleon?
she's fussy eater and very rarely eats much, I always have locusts roaming for her daily but she not interested .
Am I offerin too much that she's bored of seein them etc

I would offer then 2 to 3 times a day until she has eaten enough. Not all day
maybe that's where I'm goin wrong she always has fresh gutloaded locusts in her viv daily.
I'm going to try these crickets in tub tomoz as I gutloaded them today, I'll keep u posted , I'm not holding my breath though :-(

If crickets don't work keep offering her different types of food until she eats then try to add more foods into her diet. You can try roaches, silkworms, horn worms, super worms, phoenix worms and some other bugs I cant think of right now :D

i
If crickets don't work keep offering her different types of food until she eats then try to add more foods into her diet. You can try roaches, silkworms, horn worms, super worms, phoenix worms and some other bugs I cant think of right now :D
s getting really frustrating, im trying so hard she just wont eat .

hey iv just read that attatchment, and was great. so I'm gathering I need to remove all live food in the afternoon, Am I correct in saying that!!
my baby does not eat half as much as she should and trying to make her gain weight is difficult .

Pretty much. Also it's a good idea to never leave something like crickets over night. They may bite your cham.

Pretty much. Also it's a good idea to never leave something like crickets over night. They may bite your cham.
iv never used crickets until today for that reason, I was worried I wouldn't b able to find any left overs. I tried today with 15 small/medium crickets in 4L beaker and held in there in front of her for a while and tried on couple of occasions at different times, again she was not interested. iv had to result in feeding her a silk work my self again, I really want her to eat on her own. I'm gettin really worried about her weight, she was at the vets on Monday for a check up from a prolapse bowel and he didn't seem worried, just said to feed if I need to, weigh weekly and to get some vit a, e and c in liquid form to give her untill I'm happy with the amount she's eatin and gaining gradually at a healthy rate!!

what am I doin wrong :-(

I would offer then 2 to 3 times a day until she has eaten enough. Not all day

Theveiled, please do not give information unless you are certain that it is correct. At 10 months, female Panthers and veiled chameleons should have already been put on their adult feeding schedule. They start to develop follicles (the beginning of eggs) as young as four months. The reason we reduce their feeding at about six months is to limit the number of eggs they develop, and extend their quality of life. I personally limit my females to about 6-8 large crickets every other day once they hit seven months. They are all in perfect health, not too skinny, not too fat, and lay clutches of 20-30 eggs, which is perfect. I also reduce their basking temp to 84 degrees when I cut back their feeding.

please fill out the form below so we can determine if there is anything else wrong.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Theveiled, please do not give information unless you are certain that it is correct. At 10 months, female Panthers and veiled chameleons should have already been put on their adult feeding schedule. They start to develop follicles (the beginning of eggs) as young as four months. The reason we reduce their feeding at about six months is to limit the number of eggs they develop, and extend their quality of life. I personally limit my females to about 6-8 large crickets every other day once they hit seven months. They are all in perfect health, not too skinny, not too fat, and lay clutches of 20-30 eggs, which is perfect. I also reduce their basking temp to 84 degrees when I cut back their feeding.

please fill out the form below so we can determine if there is anything else wrong.
I'm sorry you feel I gave Information that was incorrect maybe I wrote it incorrectly with how I needed it to come across. The chameleon has not been eating and her owner is trying to help her gain weight so a couple feeders here and there may not hurt. But of course when she is her normal healthy weigh you would cut back on her feedings. I only said that because she is trying to help her cham eat and gain weight. sorry for the misinformation :(

I tried today with 15 small/medium crickets in 4L beaker and held in there in front of her for a while

Have to tried leaving them in a tall cup in there alone with her, with you not around? My cham will usually come right up to the cup I'm holding and eat right out of it but this last month and since she's decided she's not going to do that anymore (for the time being anyways, maybe) and shows no interest in doing so. So I went ahead and left it in there (clipped to a fake vine with pictured below) alone with her and sure enough when I came back to it they where all gone. May be worth a try if you haven't already?

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%2010.34.26%20AM.png

1. chameleon- Female Pantha
  2. Handling- rarely as dont want to stress her.

3. Feeding- locust are offered daily and kept in with her, wax worms offered daily as suggested by vet to build her up

4. supplements-Repashy superfoods calcium, used to gutload locust and dust wax worms

5. fecal-Brown with white urate, last went Friday was very loose due to lactulose given after bowelprolaspe Sunday before last. Have lowered the dose as advised by vet still waitin for next movement.

6. cage -terrarium 90' /60'

7. light-Arcadia 12% uvb strip light 14hr 7am-9pm and u. v detector reptim8 on side, Inc changes on Sunday just gone.

8. -150 watt heat lamp on dimable thermostat
    temp-Day temp 27 mid tank
    Night temp 22 mid tank

9. watering-trixi fogger system 15 mins 7,9,11,a.m 1,3,5,7 p.m
    mist 3/4 times aday

10. plants-live and artificial follage, substrate ( clay balls, layer of moss)
  11. she is placed in my bedroom 3rd floor up on a table.
  12. humidity varys between 40/70 higher once fogger been on.

13. Iv had her for 7 months, bought from a reptile centre. she laid 1st batch of 12 eggs 4 weeks after having her and hasn't laid since!

Have to tried leaving them in a tall cup in there alone with her, with you not around? My cham will usually come right up to the cup I'm holding and eat right out of it but this last month and since she's decided she's not going to do that anymore (for the time being anyways, maybe) and shows no interest in doing so. So I went ahead and left it in there (clipped to a fake vine with pictured below) alone with her and sure enough when I came back to it they where all gone. May be worth a try if you haven't already?

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%2010.34.26%20AM.png
I have this clip at the back of my viv an the new 4L beaker fits perfect, tomoz I will leave the beaker in and hope she sees them. I will try anything advised to get her eating . thank u

Attachments

• 20160210_155029.jpg
    20160210_155029.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 118
This is my baby , pic just taken. Anyone else think she's small for 10 months ??

Attachments

• 20160210_163532.jpg
    20160210_163532.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 106
I'm sorry you feel I gave Information that was incorrect maybe I wrote it incorrectly with how I needed it to come across. The chameleon has not been eating and her owner is trying to help her gain weight so a couple feeders here and there may not hurt. But of course when she is her normal healthy weigh you would cut back on her feedings. I only said that because she is trying to help her cham eat and gain weight. sorry for the misinformation :(

My apologies I must've misunderstood as well

ok all, so as suggested ov tried crickets it a beaker she is hessitant to fire into the beaker but is eyein them up. I just noticed that a small cricket had escaped into viv and iv just see her fire and eat it whoop whoop!!
so my next question would be would it b easier to let the crickets run free??
and am I correct in say in small crickets won't bite her?? my main concern is if i do that I fear I won't b able to see ne left roaming before lights out .

I'm just goin back over comments, so at 10 months I should only be feeding every other day??
lola hasn't her eating for weeks and has dropped to 52 grams ( she is under a vet) so she currently strted eating crickets on Wed ( small/med) she eats no more than 4 aday . should I continue to feed that amount daily or go to every other day.

I have been advised by vet to build her up. she laid her 1st clutch of 12 eggs at 4 months and hasn't laid since.

I appreciate ur advice

Back
Top Bottom