How much to feed him?

I picked up a 10 month old Male Ambilobe from a forum member who had to part with him due to some unfortunate circumstances. How many feeders should I give him per day? And I would also appreciate a good recommended diet. Right now I have large crickets and Hornworms. I am picking up supers tonight and have Dubias coming as well. How many of each should I feed him per day/week? He eats like a champ! Also at what age do I start feeding him every other day? Thanks guys and gals!

Basically start alternating days in about two months. You will see his appetite decrease. Its not like its set in stone because we often do not know a cham's actual age. At the moment, throw a bunch in there and see how many he eats in about 15 mins. That should be your magic number plus maybe an extra few for a snack later. But be careful. He's at the age where overfeeding could become an issue if you go crazy with the feeding. Also maybe try some silkworms. Variety is key.

Thanks guys. I started a Dubia colony about a month ago so once that takes off I'm probably going to use them as a staple if that's ok. Crickets are just a nightmare and they stink. I will still feed him crickets though so he has a varied diet

Back
Top Bottom