How many roaches?

Redspacecase

Hi guys, just a quickie! Ive ordered sum Dubia roaches for my 7 month old panther but not sure how many a day to give him, he is wolfing dwn about 15 locusts a day should It be the same for roaches? Thanks guys!!!!

When you are talking dubias it depends on the size. I have never let my chams eat till they stop. Do you think they get 14 locust a day in the wild?
My two year old Panther eats about 4-5(almost full grown,about 1" long) dubia every other day and has been on this for over a year.

kinda intrestting how people feed there cameleon..
some feed all till he can eat on 1 day..
and other just feed 5 to 9 crickets a day..
i kinda think i prefer the last option because..
i would say just like goggles..
i dont think a chameleon in wild will eat that much big insects..
okay mabye he eats like max? 15 flie's on a day..
and some worms? mabye and 1 or 2 crickets?

since im getting a veiled im doing some research to here and there..
and would like to hear more about people thoughts! ;)

gl goggles

I am also interested to know how often everyone feeds too because i feed mine everyday and the last few days they seem to be eating less. Is it better to let them get hungry for a day or 2 before feeding again??

Hi guys thanks the dubias are about 20 mm average the supplier said! same with my locusts, I ordered them proportional to the gap between my chams eyes. It just seems like he could eat a whole lot more but I don't want to over feed him.
I would think in the wild they would eat as much as they can get their tongues on as it's eating for survival, so I'm not to sure goggles :)

i just would say.. for cupfeeding.. but thats just
my way im gonna do it when i get my veiled.. is
trowh 6 crickets in a cub middle size..
and some veggies and some mealworms
like 2 and when i come home around 6 o clock i will
let 2 crickets run free to huntt...
to see how that works ;)

a two year old panther will eat alot less than a 7 month old.

I am aware of this.
I don't think anything(human, cham, dog...) on a healthy diet needs to eat until they can't anymore. I find that when the diet is reduced I have no hunger strikes as well. I'm not saying starve them but just cut back.
I know alot of the European keepers feed ALOT less than we do here in North America with great success.

Back
Top Bottom