How many crickets should I be feeding a 6 month old female veiled??

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for the same answer (consider this a bump :D). I'm curious as well. Mine has been getting pretty "thick" because I've been feeding her daily 6-7 feeders. I'll drop that to 1-2 feeders occasionally every 3rd day just because I've noticed her size. At some point forum members have recommended every other day. Is 6 months about that time for a female veiled because of the added complication of her producing a large clutch of eggs?

Well, i have a 6 month old male and he gets about 10-12 crickets a day, big meaty ones are what he likes :D

im looking for the same answer to i have a 7 month old male veiled but i dont know how much crickets to give him. i also have superworms can any one have exact number to give them.

We should all start a juvie club :p. We are also wondering, because our 6 month old male eats around 10 1/4- 1/2'' crickets a day, and a few *silkworms here and there. This seems to be pretty average, most threads don't really have an answer, because they are so transitional at this age, but at least we can find commonalities! :D

I have a female veiled around 5-6 months too and I know what you mean eppcheck about not wanting large clutches of eggs. I am currently reducing her feeders to about 6 a day, she would eat more if I let her, and soon am going to drop her down to either 6 ish feeders every other day or 3 a day as I have not yet decided what to try. Is Crickets all that you are feeding her Stacey? I would def suggest getting her onto some silk worms etc just to vary her diet if you havent already. This is all jmo because Im pretty new to the whole cham thing but have learned lots from here.

i feed mine 11-13 a day, lightly dusted always unless i can tell shes getting a little too much calcium, then i stop for a day. (powdered calcium takes 12hrs to get into the system), after shedding, i boost her feeding to about 15 for a couple days. i dont give her any other type of feeder except for a wax worm (maybe once or twice a week). When i feed a wax worm, i cut down the daily intake of crickets in half. I gut load my crickets very well with homemade mixes so i have stoped using multivitamin suppliments. i place a few drops of vegitable oil on the gut-load ensuring my chameleon is always obtaining a fat-soluble vitamin. mine is 6 months and is doing wonderful in captivity. she adjusts very well and is already starting to eat live plants. she munched on the ficus the morning after i put them in. :eek:

super worms

I had a cham that I fed super worms to and I think the armor was to much for him to digest. I feed my 5 month old wax worms and the moths they turn into and crickets and assrtd vegies and fruit he usually just has a nibble at thefruit and veg but appears to likey

Back
Top Bottom