Housing house flies

Chameleonmaster

Avid Member
I have started to get into preying mantises and on top of that I have some smaller sized chameleons. I have house flies that just started to hatch and have no clue in how to house them.
Can someone post a pic of how they house them or explain how they do?
Thanks, Collin

I use the fly food from matispets as well as the honey stuff they sell, I think its called flower power gold or something.

Depending on the type of mantis they might like honey too. I know my ghost's love the flower power gold honey stuff. The Chinese don't seem as interested.

I have a ghost colony going I have 3.5 L5-L6 and trying to get some more. I also have c. Pictipennis or Indian flower mantis that are now molting to L2 ( about 40)

I keep mantids and raise my own flies. I hatch a lot at once and keep them in a net cage. I drizzle honey and spritz them once in a while, but not at the same time, as the honey will thin out and drip. I believe the net cage gives them more room to fly and bulk up the wing muscles. Flies are little more than honey shells when freshly fed with honey. I kinda look at flies like cham potato chips. Not really nutritious, but you can live on them.:D JK

I keep mantids and raise my own flies. I hatch a lot at once and keep them in a net cage. I drizzle honey and spritz them once in a while, but not at the same time, as the honey will thin out and drip. I believe the net cage gives them more room to fly and bulk up the wing muscles. Flies are little more than honey shells when freshly fed with honey. I kinda look at flies like cham potato chips. Not really nutritious, but you can live on them.:D JK

Patrick I don't know if you remember me from the mantid for but my screen name is Collin s. we talk awhile back about your chams when I first joined that site.

Back
Top Bottom