anyone able to do hornworm 101?

thanks

S

anyone ever raise these?

i belive their moth flies?

anyone able to do hornworm 101?

thanks

S
I don't exactly raise them. I collect them off of tomato plants I have growing. After collecting I gutload them with silkworm chow for a few day before feeding them off. Moths do fly. They look the size of humming birds when flying. Come out at night, so best chance to see the moths is dusk and dawn. Just google them. I'm sure there's a little info. out there on captive raising them.

chameleonnews.com has an article on raising them. They say they arent the easiest because you have to have an enclosure that allows them to fly so they can feed.

Yes, if you do catch them, its a great idea to gutload them and wait for them to pass what is it they were feeding on like SSimsswiSS said. Tomato and tobacco plants are toxic to chams.

Yes, if you do catch them, its a great idea to gutload them and wait for them to pass what is it they were feeding on like SSimsswiSS said. Tomato and tobacco plants are toxic to chams.

What can you gutload them with thats not toxic for chams?

I believe that the toxin gets incorporated into their system and is not simply excreted as they eat more. I could be wrong but please verify before you feed them to your chameleons. Those raised on commercial chow are no problem of course.

Back
Top Bottom