Hornworms in europe

AnniiFuego

Hello,

I'm from the netherlands and here we can't get hornworms. Does anybody knows a store who ships them to europe?

Greetings,
Angelique.

Hi,

I am from Hungary, and im intrested in hornworms too! :D

Maybe in springtime, or early summer i can collect some, after a reasearch about toxicity. :D but there isnt any avalible for sale as reptile food...

Not sure about your country, but here in the UK hornworms are illegal as they are considered to be pests, rather like the American members can't get locusts.

I dont know a single supplier of them in Europe. I mean even here in Germany we have douzens of online food shops but noone has them :(

I'm sure there are underground breeders. In the spring/when it's warm leave out some tomato plants and hopefully some M. Sexta will lay eggs on the leaves. Collect the eggs and prepare the chow!

We actually have more than 10 spec of Sphingidae, but some are endangered, so under protection, ithers are feed on toxic plants, and most of them are found in protected areas such as National Parks, where collectio is prohibited by law! So its not an easy task, but tomorrow im gonna go on an insect exhibition, so maybe i can find somebody or some information about them... and hopefully can get some Idolomantis diabolica too :p

Back
Top Bottom