help

evildude

can you tell me when a female lays eggs and what to look out for as my female is 5 months old now and she has some little lumps on her side and can you please tell me if the sand has to be damp or not and if this setup is ok .she is eating about 4-5 meal worms a day and she seems ok her temps are 33.1c basking and 24.1 cool and a 5.0 uv reptiglo help me please:confused:

Attachments

• PICT0142.JPG
    PICT0142.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT0141.JPG
    PICT0141.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 157
  • PICT0144.JPG
    PICT0144.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 157
the lights are in side because there is no room on the outside and i have a red light because i live in the uk and the temp sometimes drops in he night cheers :)

For sure take those lights out of the cage. She WILL burn herself. And the red light is not nesecary. I live in Canada, gets cold here too, but I've never needed night bulbs for any of my Chams.

Also... definetly try to thicken up the foliage a bit. Try and fill the cage. I never stop filling my cages with foliage until I have to play 'find the chameleon'. Then you know there is enough for them to feel secure.

The sand should be slightly damp so that it will hold together and she can excavate a tunnel without it collapsing on her.

If you snap some close-up shots of her abdomen we can tell you if she is looking gravid or not.

Has she been with a male?

She does look pretty big in the belly.

hope these help?

Attachments

• PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 131
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 141
get a dome light n put it right outside her cage i have a similar situation here in usa what i did was add a xtra dome fixture n 60 watt bulb for daytime to add xtra ambient warmth,then if you got to get 2 60 watt heat bulbs,run one at night when its cold if it drops below 55f turn the other one on,it works best if you connect them to a thermostat like ones you plug 3 outlets into it,then you can set it for the night or daytime easy.alot a time i just adjust the thermostat in the morning and night mine is connected to a electric fan heater that heats the room fast.these heaters are dirt cheap here 10.00$ i also have a ceramic 3 panal heater w/thermostat that is usually the emergency heater cause the thermo is set lower then everything.

at night let the temp drop as long as shes healthy 60f during the day you gotta use your own judgement depending on the weather if its the cold times you can fluctuate the ambients 71f-78f during the daytime then your basking areas will be nice n warm on those days 78f.i let the room cool off during the day 71f for maybe 2-3 days at a time then i gotta warm the room up,especially if their shedding warm the room up n mist the cage .

she looks like a good girl though even with the red heater in her cage.

some more of her :D

Attachments

• PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 153
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 192
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 173
do you think she is laying eggs?if you look close you can see the lumps on her :eek: please let me know what you think! thank you .hope the pics help;)

When mine was about to drop her eggs, she was so huge she looked like a lumpy football! I mean she was so swollen that she looked like she was about to explode! If yours is gravid, she is not ready to drop just yet....

Back
Top Bottom