help sex my new Panther?

I got what is suppose to be a male Panther chameleon, but based on what I've seen I believe he could be female. I just want to know what you think! Thanks guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 238
But I don't want a female... Lol. The breeder told me to just wait a couple months if it turns out female then he'll work something out with me.

One rant delivered: :eek:

I get sick of hearing 'I'll work with you'. A simple $20 credit or so towards a next purchase is just plain insulting to me. They made the mistake, but the purchaser gets 'rewarded' by giving the seller even more money. NO! NOT ANYMORE! I keep seeing more and more people giving in on this site. Your cham should be replaced for free and 1/2 the purchase price refunded, at the VERY least. After all, you are now paying to feed their cham, not yours. How about, free feeders for 6 months? Something other than the seller getting more money for a female, when normally they get way more money for a male. I am seeing so often of late, it almost seems like sellers are using as a bait and switch, of sorts. Let's call it for what it is: a con! You paid for a service that you didn't receive. Find out what he sells females for, and get the difference refunded and your male NOW! You want to be in control of his supplementing, UVB, feeders, gutloads, tempermant, etc.... not some store employee, who let's face it... can't tell the difference between a male and a female. Just 1000% unacceptable.

I get sick of hearing 'I'll work with you'. A simple $20 credit or so towards a next purchase is just plain insulting to me. They made the mistake, but the purchaser gets 'rewarded' by giving the seller even more money. NO! NOT ANYMORE! I keep seeing more and more people giving in on this site. Your cham should be replaced for free and 1/2 the purchase price refunded, at the VERY least. After all, you are now paying to feed their cham, not yours. How about, free feeders for 6 months? Something other than the seller getting more money for a female, when normally they get way more money for a male. I am seeing so often of late, it almost seems like sellers are using as a bait and switch, of sorts. Let's call it for what it is: a con! You paid for a service that you didn't receive. Find out what he sells females for, and get the difference refunded and your male NOW! You want to be in control of his supplementing, UVB, feeders, gutloads, tempermant, etc.... not some store employee, who let's face it... can't tell the difference between a male and a female. Just 1000% unacceptable.

I wish we had "Like" buttons as I would have hit it 1000 times on your post lol! I agree 100%, there isn't any excuse to send the wrong sex as most can be sexed correctly even at hatching. You never see a "mistake" where someone ordered a female and received a male. That right there proves it is just a game others are playing.

Braydon, I just saw your other post where you mentioned the breeder. I would reach out to him today and get the situation squared away. If you wanted a male, ordered a male, and paid for a male... you shouldn't have been sent a female and told to wait a few months.

The difference is $50. I mean she is adorable (like all panthers) but I did pay for a male. For now the guy just wants me to wait and see. Idk if this is a reliable way of sexing them but he told me to do it kind of like a bearded dragon? And I'll see 2 bulges under the tail. I sent him pictures of the Kent vent method or what ever it's called and he just said wait and see.

The difference is $50. I mean she is adorable (like all panthers) but I did pay for a male. For now the guy just wants me to wait and see. Idk if this is a reliable way of sexing them but he told me to do it kind of like a bearded dragon? And I'll see 2 bulges under the tail. I sent him pictures of the Kent vent method or what ever it's called and he just said wait and see.

That is completely up to you if you are comfortable waiting to see. I can tell you though that no matter how long you wait, it will still be a female.

Lol. I think it's a female too. I just ugh idk!! He believes that it is male and I just need to wait and I'll see. He has so many chameleons I don't get how he could be wrong. He told me that he had bigger ones that he could for sure tell the sex on and then said that I passed that offer up but you should be able to tell the sex on almost all of them.

There is no waiting to be had. It is 100% female, an obvious one at that. If the breeder can't tell then I would be worried about future replacements too.

I agree with the others. You never see anyone being sold a female and getting a male. There is a reason for that.

Good luck and I would push for a replacement Asap.

I pm'd you back finally. Sorry, was doing presurgery stuff AGAIN all day yesterday. Again, any more questions please just ask.

(Side note: I do have an addendum I wanted to post here, but not the time to say all and correctly what I want to say. It will pertain more to the incorrect purchase of a chameleon.
NHenn I am sure you will appreciate.)

(For those unaware, I wanted to expand on my Nosy Be breeding late last year or early this year. I put down a down payment for a female from Canvas, but do my Morton's Neuromas (3) I was temporarily unable to add more chams. I emailed them and let them know to go ahead and sale mine. Without asking or hinting, they refunded my deposit within a few minutes of the email. That is correct business etiquette and generousity. The way you get repeat and word of mouth customers. It would have been completely within their rights and understandable to keep my deposit. Again, thank you.)

I pm'd you back finally. Sorry, was doing presurgery stuff AGAIN all day yesterday. Again, any more questions please just ask.

(Side note: I do have an addendum I wanted to post here, but not the time to say all and correctly what I want to say. It will pertain more to the incorrect purchase of a chameleon.

(For those unaware, I wanted to expand on my Nosy Be breeding late last year or early this year. I put down a down payment for a female from Canvas, but do my Morton's Neuromas (3) I was temporarily unable to add more chams. I emailed them and let them know to go ahead and sale mine. Without asking or hinting, they refunded my deposit within a few minutes of the email. That is correct business etiquette and generousity. The way you get repeat and word of mouth customers. It would have been completely within their rights and understandable to keep my deposit. Again, thank you.)

Thank you James! This really means a lot to me. Sometimes little things like this end up going unsaid so for you to take the time and post this brings a huge smile to my face and definitely made my day! Thank you :D

Dang it Nick. Everyone is making it harder and harder NOT to buy from you! :) Remember, that Nosy Be Breeding pair in January :)

Dang it Nick. Everyone is making it harder and harder NOT to buy from you! :) Remember, that Nosy Be Breeding pair in January :)

Hahaha. Don't worry, there is plenty of time so I'm sure some day our paths or should I say branches will cross and one of our blue beauties will find their way into your home :)

Back
Top Bottom