Help panther dying

I have a male panther chameleon.cage info.
48in reptibrees cage the biggest one with an automatic misting system. The ficus I had in there with him recently died. Looking for a replacement now. I have a smaller black Light heating lamp as well as a ceramic heating lamp both on during day one on at night. Basking temp about 95-90 moderate about 75 bottom might reach 67 but that's like the floor. Have a fogger on the tank as well. And have a uvb light repti 5.0.
RecentEly took poor Marty to the vet within a week he got allot skinnier quit eating and color loss. First thing I thought was dehydration so I put his mister on full time sprays allot now and I also keep the fogger on high. The vet wanted to do a bone tap and put him on fluids but said to try to overload him with water in his own cage first and syringe feed him urgent care dog food, mixed with his normal daily vitamins. In doing this he has gotten more active the past 2 days of doing it. But he will crawl to the floor of the cage for some reason. Or at least I think he is crawling down there and he will find a corner and put his nose in it or simple just sit down there. I don't know if I should pay the 380 and leave him at the vet? He seems like he doesn't know what his is talking about but then again I do not have a degree in this stuff so please any help is good help. Marty would love new ideas. Thank you for your time reading this

Hi,
Sorry to hear your cham isn't doing so well but for better help it's best if you provide a little more information (and pictures), can you fill out the 'how to ask for help' form from here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

I have a smaller black Light heating lamp as well as a ceramic heating lamp both on during day one on at night.
Do you have the black light on during the night?
If so it's best to have no lights on at night as he will notice the light with his parietal eye and this will disturb his sleep...

You only need to heat him during the night if temperatures drop under 50F, if temperatures stay above or around 50F a temperature will benefit his rest.

I would also lower his daytime temperatures to (according to the caresheet: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/):
Basking 85-90F
Ambient 75-80F

I hope this helps in any way and good luck with your chameleon!

I agree with Remkon, but I think 90 is actually too hot maybe and if you have noticed him gaping at all then I would assume I am right, him him cool down for a couple of days as in only a the UVB bulb is on with NO heat lamp and unless you like in a cold climate he might really like it closer to the 60-80 range all the time 90 is like a desert lizard hot. Though I know a lot of people think all panthers love these kinda of heat, so know that this is my opinion, not much of an expert though I have like 4 Nosy Be's and they all flourish with temps in the 60- 85 range at the hottest points under their heat bulbs. It been hopt in the Cali bay area so i have used 0 heat lamps all weeka and all are doing weell and are very active. So I say try it out!?

The dog food makes no sense. There is tons of vitamins and stuff that is added to dog food that is specifically for dogs and could do serious harm to chameleons. Add chameleons vitamins to it and he could very likely get sick just from excess of vitamins. You need to buy carnivore care. It's made to feed sick chameleons and has all the vitamins necessary to feed a chameleon. No adding stuff needed.

The dog food makes no sense. There is tons of vitamins and stuff that is added to dog food that is specifically for dogs and could do serious harm to chameleons. Add chameleons vitamins to it and he could very likely get sick just from excess of vitamins. You need to buy carnivore care. It's made to feed sick chameleons and has all the vitamins necessary to feed a chameleon. No adding stuff needed.
Where can I get this at and how fast could I get it?

Does anyone know where I could get carnivor care also just found him at the bottom of the cage. Idk if he is climbing down or falling what do yall think he is about 4 years of age. He is moving slow, not gripping as well. He loves the dog food/cat food it's the urgent care reading the back seems like only protein and vitamins. I researched the brand nothing specifically for them. It is fed to iguanas allot also

This stuff

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160926-154733.png
    Screenshot_20160926-154733.png
    573.4 KB · Views: 113
Well it definitely shouldn't be fed to iguanas considering they are specifically herbivores. Stupid vets. Carnivore care can be bought on amazon and probably overnighted if you need it immediately. 4 is getting around senior age for chameleons. You really need to fill out this form: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

So we can tell if something in your husbandry is causing this.

Some pics would help a lot too. I don't really understand the dog food either. As for the poop it may be a blockage preventing him from pooping is there anything in the cage he might ingest with a feeder?

Okay so I gave the cage info, heat also. He is a panther chameleon about 4 or so. I supplement about every time with calcium without d3. When he eats. And 2 to 3 times with multi vitamin. Then d3 calcium about 1 a month and this is if he eats all his meals correctly he is picky allot. He is watered on the regular every time for 120 seconds probably every 3 minutes? Maybe if not more now that he is acting funny. I have the 5.0 uv bulb on top. Now hitting 89 or so at basking gradually dropping now that I removed the extra heat the vet told me to.

I gutload with jelly calcium and this powder food from store as well as other stuff u have attached pics of supplements and gut load. Also I'll provide the parasitems mess the vet sent home to start just in case.

Here are the supplements and cricket gut

Attachments

• 1474931054357-858494812.jpg
    1474931054357-858494812.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 1474931126832-745224173.jpg
    1474931126832-745224173.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 115
Here are just more pics. His eyes seem sunk his forehead seems smaller. And again those black spots. He isn't being active used to love to come out to play now he is ether at this spot or the bottom of the cage and idk is he is falling or climbing so I took out the branch that led to the bottom to find out. Provided a good look at his legs to see if that helped notice anything and to show how boney his abdomen looks

Attachments

• 1474931254364-915482878.jpg
    1474931254364-915482878.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 1474931287447108663996.jpg
    1474931287447108663996.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 695
  • 1474931389386-600842383.jpg
    1474931389386-600842383.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 1474931424522319900358.jpg
    1474931424522319900358.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 166
You are giving multivitamins way too often it should only be given 2 times a month at most. And calcium with d3 needs to be given two times a month. You insect gutload is horrible and needs to be changed immediately. Fresh fruits and vegetables can replace the gel. And good dry gutloads can be bought from the forum. However he looks very dehydrated. You should increase mistingsales to 4 minutes every 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom