HELP ! LOST MY VEILED :(

she might have been in plain sight a few times but you never looked for her and didnt even notice, hahaha. its just amazing that she managed to be hidden for so long.

Awesome news! I'm so glad you found her. I've just started letting my female veiled Blanche free range full time in a room I've started to prepare she has 4 pretty good size trees to roam but has stated exploring her room lately. No worse feeling than not being able to find her.

A good lesson on not giving up hope.

Holy cow you're tellin me! If it had been lost outside I may have thought differently but being lost inside, I figures there was no way it could survive, given that food and water would be nearly impossible to find, and a cat living in the house would need to be avoided...

Holy cow though! It's definitely a miracle.

If you lose an animal in your house it is always a good idea to look for it even if it is dead. Nobody likes dead animals rotting in their house.

True this.... but given she looked alot, I figured it got outside or got ate.

SO AMAZING YOU FOUND IT! Chameleons truly are amazing animals. Heck yea!!

She needs a heat source and a cooler area also. Look under your refrigerator and stove and all of your appliances, good luck in finding her

she might have been in plain sight a few times but you never looked for her and didnt even notice, hahaha. its just amazing that she managed to be hidden for so long.
I looked a LOT....for like weeks turning my (tiny) apartment upside down - we had a new dish washer put in last year and we think some how she must have managed to get in the extra wall space behind it..we have an ooooooold SoCal apt. With a fridge that leaks and goes under the dishwasher sometimes so she must have lived off that and who knows WHAT for food, truly a survivor!!!!!

Can anyone answer my question from my pics on the last page, does she look like she's carrying eggs to anyone ? This is my first female and I obviously want to make sure she gets back to 100% health, I made her a laying bin in case (again, she's only 8-9 months old, just looks more plump than when I lost her) but she shows no behavioral signs really, no stress or lethargy , perfectly good appetite, no patrolling the bottom of the cage...
Any opinions would be great !

Can anyone answer my question from my pics on the last page, does she look like she's carrying eggs to anyone ?

She might be. They don't have a diaphragm so eggs can be spread through much of the abdominal/thoracic cavity. A couple of pictures look like she has a bit of a belly. If she's carrying a small clutch, it will be harder to see them. Infertile eggs are often smaller than fertilized eggs. Since she has been living in such sub optimal conditions for water that she might not have developed any eggs. Or, any developed will be put on hold until her environmental conditions are better. Now she is in better conditions, expect eggs.

Holy cow you're tellin me! If it had been lost outside I may have thought differently but being lost inside, I figures there was no way it could survive, given that food and water would be nearly impossible to find, and a cat living in the house would need to be avoided...
Reptiles are tough animals. My cham fell 30 inches in his cage once and wasn't hurt at all. That's a long way for a 10 inch animal, like my falling off a tall house. If that happened to me I don't think I would have just gotten back up

Reptiles are tough animals. My cham fell 30 inches in his cage once and wasn't hurt at all. That's a long way for a 10 inch animal, like my falling off a tall house. If that happened to me I don't think I would have just gotten back up

RIGHT?!?! my male has taken QUITE the large tumbles, (my female is very sweet and loves to hang out but my male would rather take a suicide dive in his cage to avoid my hand), and he doesn't even miss a beat getting up, sometimes he will lay there for a second just still like ".....wait where am I..."

She might be. They don't have a diaphragm so eggs can be spread through much of the abdominal/thoracic cavity. A couple of pictures look like she has a bit of a belly. If she's carrying a small clutch, it will be harder to see them. Infertile eggs are often smaller than fertilized eggs. Since she has been living in such sub optimal conditions for water that she might not have developed any eggs. Or, any developed will be put on hold until her environmental conditions are better. Now she is in better conditions, expect eggs.

THANK YOU for the reply !! Alright, I've made her a laying bin and everything for her cage, I tried to put her in there yesterday and she was NOT having it, wouldn't get off my hand or go in it, she looked at me like "ummmm...what and why..?", and again, is displaying no clutch-bearing behavior so I'm hoping everything is on track, or as you said maybe just on "hold" :)

THANK YOU for the reply !! Alright, I've made her a laying bin and everything for her cage, I tried to put her in there yesterday and she was NOT having it, wouldn't get off my hand or go in it, she looked at me like "ummmm...what and why..?", and again, is displaying no clutch-bearing behavior so I'm hoping everything is on track, or as you said maybe just on "hold" :)

If they are not ready to lay they are not ready to lay, gravid or not. They decide when to go and lay eggs. Just because they might be big and so full of eggs that you can't imagine they can even breathe does not mean they are ready to lay eggs. Putting her down in a laying bin won't make her lay eggs. She's a big girl, if she needs to lay I'm sure she can find the laying bin and if she won't lay because it isn't quite right, she'll likely let you know by restless behavior and her stopping eating. All might be well with restless behavior, anorexia and even digging holes for a few days, but I wouldn't be worrying about a chameleon that is eating up a storm and acting normal, that's for sure. Relax and enjoy her!

Me too. It was a block or two away from where it was lost I believe. There's always hope. I couldn't see how one inside, could manage to get outside though without an open door or window. They aren't super fast either... GOTTA be looking for food and water.
I CANNOT EFFING BELIEVE IT...I TURN AROUND IN THE KITCHEN TODAY AND THERE SHE IS. THREE MONTHS LATER....... she needs SERIOUS rehab, tlc, shes super dehydrated and I think may have eggs inside her, once I get her out of the shower I'll post pics and any advice and help would be so appreciated, I just gave her a shot of calcium left over from when my male veiled rescue had MBD and am running the shower now, force fed her one cricket which she took like a champ.....i cant believe it you guys....still crying (tears of joy)..........this just seems too unreal..I have no idea how she lived so long on her own but WHAT A FIGHTER !!!!
so

@charlotteclaraschameleon - how is the chameleon doing now since this whole ordeal? JW

She's been doing GREAT, and then this week has been super restless but hasn't shown any interest in laying bin and has stopped eating pretty much besides a was worm a couple days ago - I took her to the vet today and JUST made this post:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/holy-crap-so-many-eggs.151632/#post-1286420

ANY female/laying advice is so appreciated !!!!

Back
Top Bottom