help identifying a "mark"

SpinyFranky

Current Problem - My panther has a spot on her knee cap and side, I just want to discern what it is.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Panther ( ambi/tama mix ) Female. About 5 months old. Been with me about a month and a half
Handling - Not very often, just while cleaning or weekly checkup
Feeding - Crickets gut loaded with romaine, endives, flukers cubes, carrots, cactus, sometimes oranges. Dusted daily with cal w/o d3. cal w/ d3 once a week. Multi vita 2x a month.
Supplements - Rep w.o d3. Rep w/3 and a multi vit.
Watering - Spray bottle misting, 3-4 times a day. I have seen her lick the water
Fecal Description - Brown and white. Fairly solid, rarely a slight orange tint.
History - Don't think so

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen 18x18x36
Lighting - 60 watt basking bulb, reptisun 5.0 UVB
Temperature - Basking sits around 83-86, bottom of cage sits in low 70's during day. At night temps are usually close to 68-70 degrees. Measured with zoo med digital therma.
Humidity - Saving up to invest in a humidity gauge ( the nice digital ones ) Im just assuming the 3-4 times misting keeps the humidity up. Petco gauges said it sits around 45, raises to 60 after misting and slowly goes down.
Plants - Fake vines and leaves for the moment, real plants have been dieing since its indoors.
Placement - Indoors, in my room. Lowest traffic area of the house. Cage sits by a closed window, about 3 feet off the ground.
Location - Sunny SO. CAL

I first noticed it when I got her, it was a really tiny mark on her side. Since she has been growing its become more apparent, I notice a similar mark on her knee as well. Just want to discover what it is.

Visibly no signs of pain or distress or restraint from the mark. Just looks like a mark.

19058_1281622793337_1013078477_30866716_2797407_n.jpg

The picture was digitally edited to make the mark become more apparent. In reality it is much more subtle than that.

It could be fungal but it could also be something else...the only way to be sure is to take it to a vet. Is it growing or remaining the same?

I guess I will be going to a vet, I am gonna first try and see If I can get both panthers in for the price of one - since they are just babies still :)

Im not sure if its a fungus... its not abrasive or on top of the skin, it actually is skin.

Better safe than sorry though.

I have a very old female that has similar black discolorations on her shin. They are scars in her case though and haven't gone away with sheds. The skin looks normal but is just black in the shape of bit marks and scratches from the previous owner. I would imagine you would notice is she had gotten cut though. If you take her to a vet I would like to know if it was fungal or not.

I have a very old female that has similar black discolorations on her shin. They are scars in her case though and haven't gone away with sheds. The skin looks normal but is just black in the shape of bit marks and scratches from the previous owner. I would imagine you would notice is she had gotten cut though. If you take her to a vet I would like to know if it was fungal or not.

for as long as she has been in my care, no cuts or anything. She lives in her own cage and has had no interaction with my other cham whatsoever.

I am in the process of looking for a experienced chameleon vet in So Cal.. its but no luck in my area so far. I really do not want to take her to someone who has never dealt with them before and does not really know what he/she is doing.

Back
Top Bottom