Hello - Introduction

Hi Paul welcome to group, I am also a new member so delighted to meet you from over here in Ireland.

Hi Karyn.

I'm looking into a Panther or Veiled and researching habitats. My only concern is how to feed them if I can't get a neighbor to come over. We don't travel often but can be gone for 3-4 days.

I found someone who had connected a tube to their cricket container and the crickets would wonder out every little while over a weeks time.

Is this acceptable?

Once the Cham is a year old I read you can feed every other day. With everything else automated (lights, mister) that would take care of weekend trips.

I have my daughters care for Marley I'm afraid I'm not much help for your questions. Also our difference in countries certainly does make for difference in materials and other resources available both in stores and online. Maybe a more experienced owner from US could advise you. Sorry I'm no help on this but id rather not give wrong advice or advice which does not suit your situation over in the states.

Hi everyone. Paul from Houston here. Reading up on everything prior to jumping in.

Welcome aboard:). Paul that's wonderful here ,that your reading and researching before hand. I am also new also to this wonderful forums.
Before my boy came home from the Awesome breeder, he hatched on May 24 2016 .
Pure Nosy Faly panther chameleon he came home to me on Sept.12 with a full pedigree paper work, and health guarantee. So I had lots of time to research and email a few wonderful knowledgeable people on husbandry. All I cared about was I wanted to give my Chameleon as close as possible natural habitat.
All these people were very helpful, from lighting Arcadia UK , Mistking ,Repashy,Olimpia, (muchtodoaboutchamelleons) and more. Also I avoid pet stores for my needs, shop Online for quality even my feeders .
All the Best Paul . Here is picture of my Boy Ziggy .
IMAG0971.jpg

ZIGGY @ 5 months

Last edited:
Welcome to these great forums!

My only concern is how to feed them if I can't get a neighbor to come over. We don't travel often but can be gone for 3-4 days.
It won't hurt your cham if he doesn't get fed for 3-4days, they can go weeks without if needed, especially when they are adult. Not saying you should ever leave him without food for weeks, but 3-4days are just fine.

Worry about hydration more...

Thanks! I was going to do an auto dripper or mister or both of needed.

I still need to find a good place to put the cage. The place I am think would only be about 18"deep,24"wide,36" tall. I don't know if that is deep enough.

Hi Karyn.

I'm looking into a Panther or Veiled and researching habitats. My only concern is how to feed them if I can't get a neighbor to come over. We don't travel often but can be gone for 3-4 days.

I found someone who had connected a tube to their cricket container and the crickets would wonder out every little while over a weeks time.

Is this acceptable?

Once the Cham is a year old I read you can feed every other day. With everything else automated (lights, mister) that would take care of weekend trips.
Look for a professional pet sitter in your area to care for your cham when you travel

A lot of people have feeder cups which you can leave super worms or crickets with their back legs off, or roaches if it's deep enough, that would last him about a day or two, 3 or 4 days for a juvenile or adult cham is easy. Just make sure he has an automatic mister with plenty of water, I suggest the mistking, and you'll be set.

Back
Top Bottom