HE IS HOME!!!! 🥰😍🦖

A huge shout our to @Camiezone for our beautiful panther baby! My son finally got his wish of having a chameleon🥰
This boy is absolutely beautiful and appears so healthy! He is also rather friendly which we were not expecting 🤣 We have been doing some rearranging of branches or adding some branches where we see voids we previously missed. We also finally got the auto mister installed today. During everything that has went on the past two days he has been a champ. He eats quite well 🤣 But every time we open his door he comes nearly running down the branches and steps out on our hands unless I am adding dubias then he basically tells us to go on. I would highly recommend @Camiezone. It was a flawless transaction. Also thanks to @Beman for all your support and help!!!

Attachments

• 20230725_103014.jpg
    20230725_103014.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230724_214350.jpg
    20230724_214350.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 46
A huge shout our to @Camiezone for our beautiful panther baby! My son finally got his wish of having a chameleon🥰
This boy is absolutely beautiful and appears so healthy! He is also rather friendly which we were not expecting 🤣 We have been doing some rearranging of branches or adding some branches where we see voids we previously missed. We also finally got the auto mister installed today. During everything that has went on the past two days he has been a champ. He eats quite well 🤣 But every time we open his door he comes nearly running down the branches and steps out on our hands unless I am adding dubias then he basically tells us to go on. I would highly recommend @Camiezone. It was a flawless transaction. Also thanks to @Beman for all your support and help!!!
Omg Megan😊 thank you so much for the kind words, truly means so much🥰 im so happy that he is with such a wonderful caretaker family. I'm sure all 3 of you will bring each other alot of joy as you continue to get to know each other. Absolutely LOVE the setup. One spoiled little chameleon, Mr. Skittle.

I am so happy this worked out for your son. I had a feeling @Camiezone would be a perfect fit for yall. Sounds like he is very used to human interaction which is a plus. A benefit you can get with a breeder that has small focused clutches like this. They are able to interact more so the chams are not fearful. I think he will bring your son a lot of joy.

If questions come up please do not hesitate to ask us. If yall want to do a husbandry review going over everything let us know as well. This can be a good way to make sure the information yall found was correct for your baby. I wish yall the best on this new journey. It is a fun one. :)

Omg Megan😊 thank you so much for the kind words, truly means so much🥰 im so happy that he is with such a wonderful caretaker family. I'm sure all 3 of you will bring each other alot of joy as you continue to get to know each other. Absolutely LOVE the setup. One spoiled little chameleon, Mr. Skittle.
You are so welcome! He is definitely very well loved here 🥰 Last night as we were finishing everything and putting him back up so we could eat dinner. He would not get off my head 🤣 He was rather content

I am so happy this worked out for your son. I had a feeling @Camiezone would be a perfect fit for yall. Sounds like he is very used to human interaction which is a plus. A benefit you can get with a breeder that has small focused clutches like this. They are able to interact more so the chams are not fearful. I think he will bring your son a lot of joy.

If questions come up please do not hesitate to ask us. If yall want to do a husbandry review going over everything let us know as well. This can be a good way to make sure the information yall found was correct for your baby. I wish yall the best on this new journey. It is a fun one. :)
Thank you again! And yes I think I will do a husbandry review just to make sure everything is good. I think we finally got everything dialed in. I have been getting up halfway thru the night to check on his humidity levels since we don't have it on app yet. But upgrades with that are planned.

Thank you again! And yes I think I will do a husbandry review just to make sure everything is good. I think we finally got everything dialed in. I have been getting up halfway thru the night to check on his humidity levels since we don't have it on app yet. But upgrades with that are planned.
Ok let me know when you would like me to post the info for you to fill out...

I use the govee sensors. I run two of them. They work on an app. You just can not place them directly in a spray path. I put a zip tie through the hole on the sensor and hook it in.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R586J37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon- I am actually unsure on his age 🫣 I believe around 3 months
  • Handling - When ever he comes to our hand
  • Feeding - Dubias are main source (I have a colony) I also have BSFL available and for treats hornworms and wax worms. I do have butterworms but I never looked into them for my Cham. My Geckos get them as a treat. I currently feed 10 dusted Dubias and then I will add about 5-6 more if he eats all of those. This part we are still learning what he wants.

• Supplements - We have Rep-Cal phosphorus/D3 Free Calcium every day and our plan is the 1st and 15th of the month we will use Zoo-Med Reptivite
  • Watering - We have the dripper on top that we turn around 3-4pm. We have a auto mister (finally) that turns on at 9am for 3min and 11pm for 3min. I have seen him drink.

• Fecal Description - Fresh is light brown with white and a little mucous. He pooped in front of us yesterday 🤣 It appeared normal. I also cleaned out a previous stool. So he was here for 2 days and pooped twice 😂
  • History - None

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 4x2 Reptibreeze- We have the back closed up with a shower curtain and at night when lights go out we close up the sides with shower curtian via velcro strip.
  • Lighting - UVB- 34in 6% Arcadia/ basking is a 75w incandescent/non led that is propped up off the screen. Lights run from 10am-10pm
  • Temperature - Basking temp ranges from 80-86 there is multiple branches in that one area. I use a temp gun to check one individually. I do have a probe set above them and it stays at round 88 but its about 2in from the top. The middle of the cage probe is usually around 73-74 and the very bottom is 70-71
  • Humidity - During the day the humidity at the top gets around 20-30 but that is with the same probe that is 2in from the top so I plan to put an additional one on the opposite side of the cage. The middle of cage during the day stays between 40-60. At night we were only able to get him to around 80%. However, we added the auto mister and he got to 100% last night and dropped to 99% around 4am. And he was at 84% about an hour after lights came on. And I haven't checked him since.

• Plants - We have all live plants and real branches (hardwoods) that were sanitized. There is pothos, wandering jew, corn tree, and more. All were checked before placing
  • Placement - He is located in our Den by a non working fireplace. It is between our living room and kitchen. We have a open floor place type house so we placed him where he would get the "less" traffic in a family of 5. No direct drafts in his location. No vents near him.
  • Location - NW Georgia. Its hot and humid now and freezing in the winter but no snow 😖😬

Current Problem - no problems just checking on his husbandry.

Sorry forgot to add- there is drainage holes in the bottom that drain into a bucket. And at night his temps are 70-71 at the very top but 64-65 at the bottom. He sleeps about half way up.

See my feedback in red bold.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon- I am actually unsure on his age 🫣 I believe around 3 months.. I believe that is what she had said as well. You can reach out and see if she can give you a hatch date :)
  • Handling - When ever he comes to our hand. This is fine as long as he is initiating it. Not surprised at all that he is this interactive with you.
  • Feeding - Dubias are main source (I have a colony) I also have BSFL available and for treats hornworms and wax worms. I do have butterworms but I never looked into them for my Cham. My Geckos get them as a treat. I currently feed 10 dusted Dubias and then I will add about 5-6 more if he eats all of those. This part we are still learning what he wants. So no butterworms for chams at all. They can actually get an allergic reaction to them. Go ahead and add in BSFL as well. They and the flies do not need to be treats. Make sure feeders are size appropriate. He should be taking down about 2 dozen a day easily. This is when they grow the most so you want to ensure he is getting enough food to support his growth rate.

• Supplements - We have Rep-Cal phosphorus/D3 Free Calcium every day and our plan is the 1st and 15th of the month we will use Zoo-Med Reptivite. Make sure your reptivite is the with D3 version. And your plan is perfect.
  • Watering - We have the dripper on top that we turn around 3-4pm. We have a auto mister (finally) that turns on at 9am for 3min and 11pm for 3min. I have seen him drink. Run a misting about 30 minutes before lights go off. It will give him the opportunity to drink and clean eyes before bed and ups humidity going into night time cool down.

• Fecal Description - Fresh is light brown with white and a little mucous. He pooped in front of us yesterday 🤣 It appeared normal. I also cleaned out a previous stool. So he was here for 2 days and pooped twice 😂 Normal since he was just shipped. Can see a bit of mucous with stress of shipping.
  • History - None

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - 4x2 Reptibreeze- We have the back closed up with a shower curtain and at night when lights go out we close up the sides with shower curtian via velcro strip. Make sure your leaving the service door at the front bottom open at night. This will create the chimney effect and pull air up and through the cage. Need to have this so there is not stagnant air. Otherwise this is good.
  • Lighting - UVB- 34in 6% Arcadia/ basking is a 75w incandescent/non led that is propped up off the screen. Lights run from 10am-10pm... Distance for your UVB from bottom of fixture sitting on the screen to the branches below it needs to be 8-9 inches for the correct UVI level. This will put him in the right exposure level.
  • Temperature - Basking temp ranges from 80-86 there is multiple branches in that one area. I use a temp gun to check one individually. I do have a probe set above them and it stays at round 88 but its about 2in from the top. The middle of the cage probe is usually around 73-74 and the very bottom is 70-71.. Put in a probe right at the branch closest to the heat fixture below it. This will tell you the max temp exposure. Really watch your temps. Unfortunately heat guns do not give you a real temp but a surface temp. So I would not rely only on this. Try to keep his basking temp more to the low 80's... Even for an adult male your looking for a max of 85. Your gradients are good moving down in the cage.
  • Humidity - During the day the humidity at the top gets around 20-30 but that is with the same probe that is 2in from the top so I plan to put an additional one on the opposite side of the cage. The middle of cage during the day stays between 40-60. At night we were only able to get him to around 80%. However, we added the auto mister and he got to 100% last night and dropped to 99% around 4am. And he was at 84% about an hour after lights came on. And I haven't checked him since. Your ranges are good. I am betting at the basking level your ranches are closer to 40%. You do not need 100%. Above 70-80 is good as long as your temps are dropping below 70 and you have airflow.

• Plants - We have all live plants and real branches (hardwoods) that were sanitized. There is pothos, wandering jew, corn tree, and more. All were checked before placing. This is all good.
  • Placement - He is located in our Den by a non working fireplace. It is between our living room and kitchen. We have a open floor place type house so we placed him where he would get the "less" traffic in a family of 5. No direct drafts in his location. No vents near him. This sounds good.
  • Location - NW Georgia. Its hot and humid now and freezing in the winter but no snow 😖😬 Yeah balancing your ambient levels season to season is going to be annoying but they will level out.

Current Problem - no problems just checking on his husbandry. Overall everything looks really good. Great job! Including gutload and feeder image for you. :)

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon- I am actually unsure on his age 🫣 I believe around 3 months.. I believe that is what she had said as well. You can reach out and see if she can give you a hatch date :)
  • Handling - When ever he comes to our hand. This is fine as long as he is initiating it. Not surprised at all that he is this interactive with you.
  • Feeding - Dubias are main source (I have a colony) I also have BSFL available and for treats hornworms and wax worms. I do have butterworms but I never looked into them for my Cham. My Geckos get them as a treat. I currently feed 10 dusted Dubias and then I will add about 5-6 more if he eats all of those. This part we are still learning what he wants. So no butterworms for chams at all. They can actually get an allergic reaction to them. Go ahead and add in BSFL as well. They and the flies do not need to be treats. Make sure feeders are size appropriate. He should be taking down about 2 dozen a day easily. This is when they grow the most so you want to ensure he is getting enough food to support his growth rate.

• Supplements - We have Rep-Cal phosphorus/D3 Free Calcium every day and our plan is the 1st and 15th of the month we will use Zoo-Med Reptivite. Make sure your reptivite is the with D3 version. And your plan is perfect.
  • Watering - We have the dripper on top that we turn around 3-4pm. We have a auto mister (finally) that turns on at 9am for 3min and 11pm for 3min. I have seen him drink. Run a misting about 30 minutes before lights go off. It will give him the opportunity to drink and clean eyes before bed and ups humidity going into night time cool down.

• Fecal Description - Fresh is light brown with white and a little mucous. He pooped in front of us yesterday 🤣 It appeared normal. I also cleaned out a previous stool. So he was here for 2 days and pooped twice 😂 Normal since he was just shipped. Can see a bit of mucous with stress of shipping.
  • History - None

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - 4x2 Reptibreeze- We have the back closed up with a shower curtain and at night when lights go out we close up the sides with shower curtian via velcro strip. Make sure your leaving the service door at the front bottom open at night. This will create the chimney effect and pull air up and through the cage. Need to have this so there is not stagnant air. Otherwise this is good.
  • Lighting - UVB- 34in 6% Arcadia/ basking is a 75w incandescent/non led that is propped up off the screen. Lights run from 10am-10pm... Distance for your UVB from bottom of fixture sitting on the screen to the branches below it needs to be 8-9 inches for the correct UVI level. This will put him in the right exposure level.
  • Temperature - Basking temp ranges from 80-86 there is multiple branches in that one area. I use a temp gun to check one individually. I do have a probe set above them and it stays at round 88 but its about 2in from the top. The middle of the cage probe is usually around 73-74 and the very bottom is 70-71.. Put in a probe right at the branch closest to the heat fixture below it. This will tell you the max temp exposure. Really watch your temps. Unfortunately heat guns do not give you a real temp but a surface temp. So I would not rely only on this. Try to keep his basking temp more to the low 80's... Even for an adult male your looking for a max of 85. Your gradients are good moving down in the cage.
  • Humidity - During the day the humidity at the top gets around 20-30 but that is with the same probe that is 2in from the top so I plan to put an additional one on the opposite side of the cage. The middle of cage during the day stays between 40-60. At night we were only able to get him to around 80%. However, we added the auto mister and he got to 100% last night and dropped to 99% around 4am. And he was at 84% about an hour after lights came on. And I haven't checked him since. Your ranges are good. I am betting at the basking level your ranches are closer to 40%. You do not need 100%. Above 70-80 is good as long as your temps are dropping below 70 and you have airflow.

• Plants - We have all live plants and real branches (hardwoods) that were sanitized. There is pothos, wandering jew, corn tree, and more. All were checked before placing. This is all good.
  • Placement - He is located in our Den by a non working fireplace. It is between our living room and kitchen. We have a open floor place .type house so we placed him where he would get the "less" traffic in a family of 5. No direct drafts in his location. No vents near him. This sounds good.
  • Location - NW Georgia. Its hot and humid now and freezing in the winter but no snow 😖😬 Yeah balancing your ambient levels season to season is going to be annoying but they will level out.

Current Problem - no problems just checking on his husbandry. Overall everything looks really good. Great job! Including gutload and feeder image for you. :)

View attachment 341004View attachment 341005
Ok so a few follow up... I will add the BSFL.. and yes the Reptivite is with D3.

*Also for the misting.. Do I just add a quick misting schedule before lights off and leave the one set for after lights off? We do have the dripper running from 3pm/4pm until lights off.

*His cage is fully open in the front. Only back and sides covered at night.

*Also I will have to measure the branches below the UVB. We have so many branches and plants that they may be some directly under it thats lower and higher than 8-9in.

*I will move his top probe down a bit to get a more accurate reading. And send a picture of the area.

*I know his temp does drop lower than 69 at night. House is set at 69 at night and we have added a portable ac as well in the next room from him. But again its all an open floor plan.

Chameleon Info:

• History - None

Cage Info:

• Placement - He is located in our Den by a non working fireplace. It is between our living room and kitchen. We have a open floor place type house so we placed him where he would get the "less" traffic in a family of 5. No direct drafts in his location. No vents near him. This sounds good.

View attachment 341004View attachment 341005
I keep forgetting to add stuff. Yes our Dubias are gut loaded with different greens. Right now they have mustard greens and a few carrots.

I keep forgetting to add stuff. Yes our Dubias are gut loaded with different greens. Right now they have mustard greens and a few carrots.
So just use the gutload image to know what you can swap in and out. :)

Ok so a few follow up... I will add the BSFL.. and yes the Reptivite is with D3. Perfect for this then you just use it 2 times a month on all feeders very light dusting.

*Also for the misting.. Do I just add a quick misting schedule before lights off and leave the one set for after lights off? We do have the dripper running from 3pm/4pm until lights off. Yeah I would just add in a 2-3 minute misting about 30 minutes prior to lights off. You can have your basking fixture kick off like an hour prior to lights off so it starts cooling down.

*His cage is fully open in the front. Only back and sides covered at night. Perfect then you will get great air flow.

*Also I will have to measure the branches below the UVB. We have so many branches and plants that they may be some directly under it thats lower and higher than 8-9in. So you may need to reposition the UVB so that no branches below it are closer than 8 inches. Optimal distance with what you are using is 8-9 inches. Too close and they end up in over exposure levels and too far away and they are in under exposure levels. So the sweet spot is right about 9 inches to the branch.

*I will move his top probe down a bit to get a more accurate reading. And send a picture of the area. Sounds good you can use a little zip tie to hook the probe to the branch. This keeps it in place.

*I know his temp does drop lower than 69 at night. House is set at 69 at night and we have added a portable ac as well in the next room from him. But again its all an open floor plan. Sounds good. If you can get it down to about 65 that is going to be better for him.

Back
Top Bottom