Hawaiian Jackson's question

Andie

Avid Member
OK Jackson's experts.
We're at a reptile show.

Lots of WC Jackson's from Hawaii being sold cheap.

Does anyone know if you need to worry about parasites and stress like the African WCs?

Just curious....

I would say yes. Any wild caught animal is supseptible to both parasites and the crushing stress of their capture. They can survive both and become great captives, but it’s usually a long road.

I’m not sure about your shows but the ones at our shows are in such bad shape, I’m sure they don’t live very long. I aggree with Goose above about the stress and parasites.

I’m not sure about your shows but the ones at our shows are in such bad shape, I’m sure they don’t live very long. I aggree with Goose above about the stress and parasites.
Most of them were very black. Being unfamiliar with Jackson's
I'm wondering if they were all really stressed...?

Most of them were very black. Being unfamiliar with Jackson's
I'm wondering if they were all really stressed...?
A dark colored Jacksons basically means it's stressed to the max. It's immune system is now compromised.

I've always believed that captive breed is the only way to go, which is why i don't feed the WC trade by giving those that gather animals from the wild my money.

Yes that's what I figured. They had a small cage crammed with about 15-20 6 mon old Jackson's.

All but 2 were totally black. I asked the vendor about parasites and she said, " Oh we take care of that."
I was suspicious....

It's amazing. I never liked the look of Jackson's, but after meeting one in person, I think their adorable.

I'm very thankful I had Wasabi at home so I couldn't be tempted to pick up anything else! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom