haven't seen this before

crystal9534

it looks like bones sticking out from the side? any idea what this is?

securedownload2.jpg

securedownload1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Is that not just the skin starting to shed? Granted I am using my phone so I maybe carnt see the picture clear enought

If it looks like raw bone then chances are he is rubbing the top of his cage to hard and scraping off his skin to the bone. I have seen chameleons do it before.

His casque looks to be shedding or is it burned? Hard to tell from the pictures but I would take the little guy to the vet and get it looked at.

it's not a shed. yea he is shedding right now but he's had those sticking out for a few weeks. i haven't seen him rub against his cage though and he isn't able to touch the top where the light is

Can you get a picture from the side? A thermal burn can happen from several inches away so he doesn't have to actually touch anything to get burned.

It's more likely that the burned skin has died and what you're seeing is the skin that has split and it just looks like bone. But if a burn is bad enough it can remove all the skin over a bone.

we're actually trying to find him a new home. so if anyone in the western washington area is interested, we're asking 100 for him, his cage, and the mist king

Back
Top Bottom