gut-loading vs supplement...

Nothing like poor comprehension, read through their posts, the hostility is obvious. I never said the information they provided was incorrect, but trying to claim that you need to drop $100 on gutloading is not something you should be forcing on other members.

Nothing like ignoring the facts. :rolleyes:

Nothing like poor comprehension, read through their posts, the hostility is obvious. I never said the information they provided was incorrect, but trying to claim that you need to drop $100 on gutloading is not something you should be forcing on other members.

Nothing like ignoring the facts. :rolleyes:

Get a grip, mate :rolleyes:.......the only 'fact' worth disputing is the price............and still nobody told you that you had to buy everything on the list, every time you go out to buy gutload stuff.
I don't know much about the prices in the US, but based on your apparently very poor comprehension of other peoples intentions (who are only offering good advice on gutloading), and your totally unwarranted accusations of misinformation I'm much more inclined to believe Sandra when she says the recipe in dispute cost only $20......

Get a grip, mate :rolleyes:.......the only 'fact' worth disputing is the price............and still nobody told you that you had to buy everything on the list, every time you go out to buy gutload stuff.
I don't know much about the prices in the US, but based on your apparently very poor comprehension of other peoples intentions (who are only offering good advice on gutloading), and your totally unwarranted accusations of misinformation I'm much more inclined to believe Sandra when she says the recipe in dispute cost only $20......

Obviously you have ignored the users posts, read through them and try again.

I never said their advice was bad, or that proper nutrition was not important, how many times do I have to state that? I simply stated the user claiming it's necessary to use an expensive homemade gutload was incorrect, and that you can gutload with a variety of fruits/veggies and a supplement such as cricket crack or bugburgers, which was based on research and factual evidence found here on the forum.

The only way you're going to get all the items for that recipe for $20 is to steal them.

Seriously people, get over it, it's just the internet. :D

I simply stated the user claiming it's necessary to use an expensive homemade gutload was incorrect,

Ok, I'll read it all again - there are a few things I'm unclear on
1. Did anyone claim it was necessary to use all the ingredients? Or give strict quantities to use? Surely the recipe was posted with this heading -Sandrachamelon's blogs have a wealth of nutritional suggestions. Here is a prime example of a well-rounded dry gutload: and was posted in response to someone looking for gutload advice......... Did anyone try to force anyone else into doing anything? Did anyone provide you (or anyone else) with 'misinformation', as you have claimed?
2. Someone really needs to read through his own posts on this thread and realise that his attitude stinks...........Thank the Lord it is just the internet, and that arguing with trolls, while pointless, is just mildly diverting entertainment :D

I never said their advice was bad, or that proper nutrition was not important, how many times do I have to state that? I simply stated the user claiming it's necessary to use an expensive homemade gutload was incorrect, and that you can gutload with a variety of fruits/veggies and a supplement such as cricket crack or bugburgers, which was based on research and factual evidence found here on the forum.

The only way you're going to get all the items for that recipe for $20 is to steal them.

dude, your whole tone is just awful.

this might be the internet, but this is not /b/ or sherdog, it's a cham care forum for helpful, constructive, thoughtful posts intended to politely assist in a humble and pro-active manner.

you belittle, misuse words, display aggression, and deal with criticisms aimed helpfully towards you like a naive kid.

just chill out.

dude, your whole tone is just awful.

this might be the internet, but this is not /b/ or sherdog, it's a cham care forum for helpful, constructive, thoughtful posts intended to politely assist in a humble and pro-active manner.

you belittle, misuse words, display aggression, and deal with criticisms aimed helpfully towards you like a naive kid.

just chill out.

How is my tone awful? I tried to correct the info and not scare away the member who PM'd me asking why she was pushing that gutloading recipe so hard oh him, now that makes me the bad guy?

No one is trying to troll, read their posts and you'll see who the aggressor was.

One of your first posts on this thread -
You're taking gut-loading to the extreme, most members on here rely on fruits/veggies for gutloading and it's more than enough to keep a chameleon healthy. Not true, I certainly don't... Claiming they need to hunt down hard to find ingredients is just going to cause new members to either be turned off on chameleon keeping, or believe it's required and continue to spread misinformation. Claiming you need a huge amount of water is going to put people off buying a pet whale, as it should........it was not misinformation, it was useful information......

I spent the better part of a day searching for these ingredients, and totaled everything out to $78, sure it would be for a years worth of gutload, but using fresh fruits and veggies works just the same. seems worth it to me anyway....

In a previous thread you suggested not to use pre-made gutloads because of the lack of nutrients, but now it's ok to use them?

Remind me of one of those people who would feed beef and rice to their dog becuase they believe dry dog food is unhealthy. :p If you don't find this last bit offensive then you are not a dedicated Chameleon owner, training to be a vet......as ferretinmyshoes is......

I never said gutloading wasn't important, I was clearing up the misinformation. No need to get upset about it, but don't try to force others into following unnecessary gutloading techniques. Alternating fruits and veggies along with some dry food such as Cricket Crack is more than enough.
More than enough? Force? Really? or just useful advice? Can you tell the difference, if not then you just need to learn........

It is not misinformation!! I don't appreciate how you portray me when I've spent a lot of time trying to help you with multiple issues. I'm going to offer you the Mercedes plan, if you chose the Ford Focus instead that's up to you but don't preach to people asking for more that they're wasting their time just because you think it's not worth it for you. If you have a problem with me feel free to PM instead of implying that I am full of it when all I am trying to do is help. How you chose to use the info offered is completely up to you.
This is the point of this forum, to use the knowledge and experience of people like ferret and sandra, and to help new chameleon owners do the best for their pets. I find it surprising that you've been treated with such patience on this thread, but I guess that's because this isn't just the internet, it's about the health of some amazing animals - I just don't understand why you have been so contrary about it......but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and retract my trolling accusation......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkITEo3OLIk
Peace and love, buddy.......:)

Last edited:
Lmfao

I guess I should pick a fight with some of the senior, experianced members to get my post count up lol. All I can say is thank you to all of the people who help out and offer advice (something you take into consideration) you have been GREAT.:D

Back
Top Bottom