Gravid

CGRIMES

I think
My female is finally Gravid is she??

Attachments

• IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 195
She's showing mature nonreceptive colors. Did you breed her? If not, she could still develop eggs. If so, she most probably will develop eggs. At this time you should consider cutting back a bit on the quantity of food prey so she won't lay a very large number of eggs, thereby extending her life span.

She's showing mature nonreceptive colors. Did you breed her? If not, she could still develop eggs. If so, she most probably will develop eggs. At this time you should consider cutting back a bit on the quantity of food prey so she won't lay a very large number of eggs, thereby extending her life span.
She's been house with my male since may..

Black is a bad color for chameleons your pic looks like she is gravid but not receptive to your male and is stressed to me anyway.

What does the mature nonrective colors mean

What does the mature nonrective colors mean
It means she is sexually mature and gone through a receptive cycle, but now appears to not be not receptive to breeding. If you have been keeping her with a mature male she is almost certainly gravid. You shouldn't have been housing them together to begin with, but now it is important you separate them immediately. The male will harass her to breed more and she will be constantly running away, hiding from him, or fighting with him. When gravid a female should be in a calm secure environment with high quality gut loaded prey food. Producing eggs is very taxing for her in itself, she doesn't need extra stress and harassment from the male.

It means she is sexually mature and gone through a receptive cycle, but now appears to not be not receptive to breeding. If you have been keeping her with a mature male she is almost certainly gravid. You shouldn't have been housing them together to begin with, but now it is important you separate them immediately. The male will harass her to breed more and she will be constantly running away, hiding from him, or fighting with him. When gravid a female should be in a calm secure environment with high quality gut loaded prey food. Producing eggs is very taxing for her in itself, she doesn't need extra stress and harassment from the male.
I'm looking around on how to build a cheap cage, my last cage was around $180 I can't afford that right now but I'm going to Lowe's today

I'm looking around on how to build a cheap cage, my last cage was around $180 I can't afford that right now but I'm going to Lowe's today
Is a 18x18x36 big enough for my female

What does gravid mean when it comes to females? Mean receptive for a male or starting to grow clutch of eggs?

Back
Top Bottom