Got to hold my first chameleon!!!!

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Went to Repticon today and held my first chameleon! I’m planning on getting my panther chameleon in September and holding this little guy sealed the deal. P.s. They’re so much lighter than I was expecting.

Attachments

• 0B287DE9-3387-4F04-9295-7E2CC7B3CEB9.jpeg
    0B287DE9-3387-4F04-9295-7E2CC7B3CEB9.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 115
Went to Repticon today and held my first chameleon! I’m planning on getting my panther chameleon in September and holding this little guy sealed the deal. P.s. They’re so much lighter than I was expecting.
Congratulations! What kind of panther is it that you are planning on getting?

Fantastic! They sure are amazing. A good breeder and hardwork will allow you to enjoy your upcoming panther for many many years. You will be able to find some great chameleons for sale here under the market. Everyone is very supportive so don’t be afraid to ask questions.

I just bought a panther Flynn blood line from FL Chams .

Any suggestions on how to get him to walk on my hand like in that picture?

I dont want to force him, but I want to train him to come out occasionally.

Chams shouldnt be held on the regular. They are much more of a visual pet. Ive had mine almost 7 months and he still wont come to my hand. Be very patient with him and give them space as they are very territorial. Mine absolutely hated me for about 3- 4 months.

I just bought a panther Flynn blood line from FL Chams .

Any suggestions on how to get him to walk on my hand like in that picture?

I dont want to force him, but I want to train him to come out occasionally.

A thread of your own probably would've been better but the answer is, you don't train them to do anything. You work on building trust between yourself and your cham. Not every cham will want to be handled either so please keep in mind it is truly all up to the individual cham. I have one that will come out of his cage and crawl across the bed and chill on our shoulder if we are watching tv in the bedroom and then put himself back in his home when he's had his fill of being with us. None of my others are even remotely close to as "friendly" as him though in that aspect of handling them. For the most part they are handled for deep cleans, breeding or when taken out for real sun and the rest of the time I respect their space and enjoy just watching them do their thing. It is something that you and your cham will have to grow and learn each others habits and signs on if/ when they may or may not want to be handled.

Back
Top Bottom