got a hibiscus today

tryme

I got hibiscus today and now i'm worried it may die due to the conditions in the enclosure and outside. It's not that sunny here in england this summer!

my cham stepped on the one and only proper flower. lol the others are still little buds. when should they sprout.

It'll look like it's about to die before getting better.

I have a two foot fluorescent plant grow bulb on top of my cham's enclosure in addition to his UVB and incandescent bulb. Despite that over the first week or two the hibiscus dropped almost all of its leaves. Then it got over the stress of a new environment and started to put out fresh growth.

The general advice I've gotten has been that these plants love to be fed, so feel free to give yours some organic plant food (non-organic might harm the chameleon). The soil should be damp all the time, but make sure the roots aren't sitting in water - proper drainage is very important for a plant in a chameleon enclosure.

my cham stepped on the one and only proper flower. lol the others are still little buds. when should they sprout.

Soon if you're lucky. My outdoor hibiscus has new buds flowering almost every day.

I got one yesterday and the flowers were tightly closed buds over night they opened up and now there i a massive yellow flower looks lovely, think the baby was a bit overwhelmed when he was climbing over it this morning lol

I got it from a garden centre called pughs near cardiff. They sell them as indoor plants in most of the big garden centres.

wyvale. I live in croydon in south east london. They are quite easy to find for me. Ask someone in the store they will help you usually lol.

Hello guys,

So from what I've seen in the previous posts, it seem that my plant is acting normally. But just to make sure this is what I've done to it so far.

I bought my hibiscus plant a week ago. The plant was infested with snails and a bunch of bugs and the soil also had fertilizer when I bought it from the nursery, so I took out all the soil it came with and put a new one without fertilizer. I also showered the plant completely to get rid of all the bugs. Everything was great for the first two days but now the plant is drying out completely. I called the nursery to let them know what was going on and they said to stop watering the plant for like 3 days, the thing is that I really have not watered it. All I had was the drip system on top and the soil felt moist the whole time. They also said that perhaps the plant might be in shock because of all the things I did to it. They said that it should be getting better in a week.

I’m going to water it today, since it has already been 3 days without water and hopefully it will help. Please let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong, or if there is anything else I should do.

I feel so bad, because this plant was beautiful when I bought it and now it’s horrible. I don't want for it to die.

Mine had two buds and they broke off within a day a new one has appeared I can't believe this plant it seems to good to let it get eaten :( lol

oh and nsalas2 people sya the 1st week it will look like its going to die. This is because it is adjusting. I can't say for deffinate if this is true but try not to over water or under water. You can find some real good care sheets on the net.

Back
Top Bottom