Fussy eater

My male nosy faly, approx 9 months old, has become a very fussy eater. He'll only eat crickets or hoppers if he's very hungry, I try offering them to him first and usually he'll eat the odd one.
He adores worms, I've currently got butterworms, waxworms and calciworms. I know butterworms and waxworms are only suitable as a treat so I was wondering if there are any other worms that are suitable as a staple? He's not all that interested in the calciworms anymore as they aren't very big.
I've also had a few silkworms in the past but I'm not very fond on keeping them in bulk...
Thanks

tumblr_nc064fCqyk1qadv58o1_500.jpg

Yeah I do, I was under the impression that while he was still growing i.e. up until 18 months to try and feed him every day? I might start feeding him every other.

Sometimes you have to give them some tough love to stop them from being spoilt.

I usually feed my Jackson's 'Kamino' Crickets, super worms, wax worms and BB.Westcoastroaches.com had a sale, so i ended up purchasing 100 Dubia's just to mix things up in his diet. Well, to my horror he refused to eat any of them! I didn't want to waste such a valuable food item, so i refused to feed him until he ate them. It took four days of me offering them to him and NOTHING else, for him to finally crack and start eating them!

Ahhh, I'm going to try the every other day method with solely crickets, hoppers and calciworms until he stops being fussy, then the odd fatty worm once a week! Are Dubia roaches hard to keep? Or will they pretty much eat anything like crickets?
I'd be worried if Parker ate nothing for 4 days but I guess they can probably last a little longer! Tough love time. :D

A healthy cham can go days without food, just like it is in the wild where they don't food every single day; they'll be o.k so long as they're hydrated.

Dubia's are very easy to keep, but it has been my experience that they are a little more nit-picky about what they eat, compared to crickets. So, i still prefer crickets over Dubia's, but as i stated, i got them just to add some variety to my chams diet.

Back
Top Bottom