Flap neck cage

LookinRound

I intend on getting Dragon Strand breeder series cages for some flap neck chameleons with intent to breed. Obviously bigger can be better, but trying to go with a size that is good, but also allows multiple in a given area. Here's a link to their product line:
http://dragonstrand.com/caging-systems/

I am thinking of doing the medium talls with their laying box for females and medium wides for males. They are all 18" deep to fit on the racks. What are your thoughts?

I will be using arcadia T5HO bulbs and mistking starter system.

I'm moving Clifford into a large breader but I'm not a breeder - she was born in October and when I look at the large I doubt I'll be able to find her in it - Unless she grows quite a bit in the next 6 months I would think the medium would be fine for her- She's a flap neck -
I love my Dragonstrand - I haven't gotten totally set up yet - I did get the T5 fixture for it and it looks great - I didn't get the laying set up but I bought the cage to fit on a kitchen cart with wheels - I wanted to avoid the divider between cages and I wanted to have something easy to clean-
I'm getting an all screen cage to sit next to it on another cart - but not because I'm not really happy with it - If I was ever planing on breeding I would have gone with another instead.
Setting up vines in the dragon strand is so easy and with all the places that Clifford will have to wander I think it adds to the size of the cage- being new to keeping I don't think I optimized the cage space I had on my first cages - the Dragonstrands make it easy and still lets you get in there and keep them clean without disturbing -

Back
Top Bottom