Flaming Lips?!

MOJO

Hey everyone, got a ? for you, Mojo's lips look like they are puffed up or his gums are showing? does anyone know anything about this....

picture please?
can be a lot of things. so, I'll wait for the pic before assuming to see what actually is going on.

Do you leave crickets in his cage? I did this with my bearded dragon and the crickets would chew in his lips at night looking for water. It was always more gross when he woke up.

i have noticed it for about two weeks. but i jus noticed today that it has gotten much worse.

Attachments

• DSCN1559.JPG
    DSCN1559.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN1560.JPG
    DSCN1560.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 152
That looks like a bad infection/mouth rot. I'm sure it's come up before on here. Try a search for mouth rot.

Poor guy, looks pretty uncomfortable. Can't imagine he is able to eat very well. Do you have a good vet? As already stated, I think your best option is to get him to one ASAP before it gets any worse or causes secondary infection.

You need to get him to a vet asap. The areas should be cleaned out properly. Chameleon "pus" is like cottage cheese. It won't heal if its not cleaned out. There should be a culture and sensitivity test done to determine what bacteria is involved and what antibiotic will work the best at getting rid of it. Mouth rot is often stubborn so it needs aggressive treatment.

Back
Top Bottom