FEDEX issues Chameleon delayed a day

This is true... but there is definitely a higher mortality rate.

It can take a month or longer and many airplane rides before a wild caught chameleon gets from it home country to the end user. Couple that with a high parasite load, non compartmental transportation on a truck after they are taken from the bush, customs delays, non optimal temperatures.

A couple extra days in transit for a healthy CB chameleon is not usually a problem unless it gets stuck in a heat wave or sub freezing conditions.

It can take a month or longer and many airplane rides before a wild caught chameleon gets from it home country to the end user. Couple that with a high parasite load, non compartmental transportation on a truck after they are taken from the bush, customs delays, non optimal temperatures.

A couple extra days in transit for a healthy CB chameleon is not usually a problem unless it gets stuck in a heat wave or sub freezing conditions.

I was simply saying... A lot of WC animals don't make it.

CONGRATS!!! I am so very happy to hear he arrived well. I am such a total sucker for these wonderful chameleons. I just broke my heart when I opened a box and found a dead chameleon. I don't care who it is or what kind of living creature -- I will not agree to shipping any time except M, T, or W. even Ghann ships my crickets on those days.

You should name him something like traveler, or something related to his prolonged trip to you.:)

That is great news! I would name him Sur...for Surviivor!! I am so glad he made it and I hope he will continue to do well!.

My veiled is named Kimani, which is a Yeman name meaning Intrepid Traveler. I'd be happy to share the name with you new little guy :D

Hello everyone,

Its great that he made it. He has been exploring his enclosure. It is a tad big for his size but he has been canvasing the entire thing. He hasn't eaten yet (cup feed) but I have seen him drink a little.

Thanks for all the great name suggestions. I had thought about Pox before he came and now Im kinda attached to that name. So he will be Pox with a story of his long adventure to his forever home.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom