FEDEX issues Chameleon delayed a day

It is after regular delivery time for Fedex on the east coast, do we think this guy is coming back to post an update? I hate waiting and never hearing back. Sort of rude, don't you think?

Priority overnight to a residential is 12:00 noon Saturday delivery depending on zip code- I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and figure he went to the depot to pick up or his computer died- but if he's been to busy because he's been watching his new chameleon climb around the cage all day I may be a bit upset- I'm just hoping he's not still having problems

This is why I love these forums. Seeing members just about as upset over not hearing updates on the precious parcel as anyone receiving the poor lizard. :D
I keep checking for replies too. If it were me, the situation would be that the package got where it was supposed to be, get the cham settled in, then I would pass out from not sleeping for two nights due to obsessive worrying and tracking page refreshing.
Really hoping things have smoothed out for them!

It is after regular delivery time for Fedex on the east coast, do we think this guy is coming back to post an update? I hate waiting and never hearing back. Sort of rude, don't you think?

Well... if his cham still isn't with him or it arrived dead he may be too busy to think of posting here for us.

Still anxious though. I just want to hear there is a happy end and maybe see some pics of the intrepid little adventurer :)

So sorry to everyone for not responding. I was very busy today! Unfortunately I don't have good news. The breeder and I both called FEDEX because there was no new scan on the tracking. The breeder told me that he told them to clear it for a delivery today and how its a live Cham etc.. I then called to reiterate I needed it delivered. I was told I wasn't possible. That Monday it would be delivered. I was told the package wasn't put on a train because the lack of room and was delayed yet again. I asked if it could be delivered on Sunday. Nope. I asked if were ever it arrives at if I could drive and pick it up. Nope they will be closed etc. I was trying not to flip on the phone people but was saying this is a live animal and was suppose to be delivered Fri shouldn't it have priority etc. Was told no option but wait till Monday. It was scanned into the Boston area just recently! I don't get why I couldn't go there tonight! Im in the National Guard and have to go away on Monday and now I wont even be here to see the outcome live and have to figure out if I can have someone here to receive him. Im hoping for the best.

Thanks everyone for caring and giving your insight.

how does this effect them stress wise ?

I mean chams are known for not tolerating stress very well, I've no idea how the US postal system works but I wouldn't even want to be a letter in the UK mail service never mind a living creature :(

I made a round trip of 400 miles to pick up my panther, I was probably as stressed as he was on the journey home, I really just can't comprehend stuffing him into a box and sending him through the mail

I think in some instances, it's less stressful. It can be a lot less travel time than driving to go get them, which would be better. But, if things go wrong, it's awful for everyone. :(

Hope everything works out.

Wow this sucks. Had a similar situation where mine was delayed for an extra day; i was going nuts too. He turned out fine and hopefully so will your little guy.

His ectothermic body's instincts will kick in, and due to the cool temps and lack of light, he'll be in a state of sleep for most of the trip.

When he gets to you, he'll be hungry and thirsty as hell. Make sure you have feeders and water ready for him.

This points out why a lot of breeders only ship between Mondays - Wednesdays. If there is a delay for a day or two, the cham will still get to you by Friday and not end up spending the weekend in storage.

Oh my, my heart is sinking. I do think it is more stressful on us then them. If I was closer to you I would come and sign for the package and get the cham in the cage if all is ok. Please keep us updated on Monday. I would even put a law suit in with FedEx as your package should have had top priority!

Yea fri for me was the best day this week. I usually never have issue like this with anything. They are usually pretty good about schedule. I wish because it was a living thing that it should have top priority. I understand that everyone wants their package on time but if a life hangs in the balance it should come first. I will definitely be pursuing holding them accountable. Panther Company has been great throughout the situation and has already refunded the shipping cost and will back the live arrival. Luckily I have a friend with the day off and she will be here to get him on Monday (hoping no other delays). I will give her clear instructions on what to do.

Thanks again for all the support and concern.

Damn. Sry to hear of your issues. Hopefully he will be ok.

Not much you can do now but for those reading this here is how I saved a $1000 Blue tree monitor that was late in arrival.

I asked for and worked my way up to two managers, one the district manager.

After getting this guy on the phone, being nice, I explained that if this animal arrives dead considering how rare it is (also told him the dollar value) that not only will his company look like crap to the reptile industry, it will be on the news and info sent to PETA. His company guarantee wont be worth **** when it hits the mainstream. That and his bosses would want to know why they lost $1000 since it was insured thru them despite me calling and bringing it to their attn.

I had an assistant manager at my door at 11pm with the box, he documented it was alive and went on his way. All was well.

Just checking back with the op on Sunday morning, I see FedEx has screwed up, so sorry to hear that, I know how upset I would be :mad:

They would not have delivered him on Saturday anyway because that would mean issuing a whole new ticket and tracking number, and Sunday they are closed.
FedEx system does not allow for delivery time upgrades when in transit. It would have to be sent back to the shipper, and re-issued with Saturday delivery.

I have heard of this happening before on this forum, and the outcome was always good, even for a 3 month old.
Your cham should be okay over the weekend, but temp and dehydration could be a problem. He wont starve, but will require water as soon as you get him.

I am going to be checking back, so please let us know what is happening.

Mean time, try not to worry, there is nothing you can do.

Just hang in there my friend

Oldchamkeeper I like that. At this point nothing can be done but yes I would have my lawyer on standby, calling channel 6 news(a client of mine retired from there), and on the phone with fedex.

This is why most breeders will only ship Mon -Wed so these kind of things don't happen, I knew when you said they would deliver him sat that it wasn't going to happen they don't care.. im sorry your having this problem hope it arrives ok on Monday.. this happens quite a bit an that's why people ship mon-wed because if something does happen they sit all weekend an are delivered mon , an again they don't care who you are or what it is being shipped they sit over the weekend.. having a lawyer on stand by isn't goin make them ship it out faster..

Probably be hungry and thirsty but fine otherwise. This is nothing compared to what WC chams go through to get to the USA.

Well he made it finally and he is alive. I sprayed the enclosure with luke warm water and Im letting him bask before I attempt to give him food. I assume Im not out of the woods yet and I will monitor him. He looked thirsty. As im writing this he is exploring after he warmed up.

Again thanks for all concern I will continue to update. Maybe Ill start another thread. I would like to document his growth.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom