Votes: 70 8.2%
  • Tamatave

Votes: 25 2.9%
  • Cross Locale

Votes: 31 3.6%
  • Other Locale

Votes: 22 2.6%

• Total voters
I like them when the pattern is colorful but doesn't display all colors in an even composition. So basically: A green blue with a highlight of red is cool with me. A red yellow with a highlight of green also. Don't like the full rainbow so much (even if one of my Chams is called like this). So I am all for ambanja, then nosy faly then sambava

I think it would be very interesting to know if all things were equal and available which one people would like the best just based on color and pattern. I think many base "favorite" locale on what is hardest to get which effects 'most sought after'. I truly feel that if all things were the same you would be hard pressed to fined a locale more beautiful and with more diversity than ambilobe or ambanja.
I know I fall pray to this same thing because when I look at the list above my first thought is Nosy Mitsio, but that is largely due to already having 4 Nosy Faly's. But when people see my collection hands down the favorite is my Ambilobe.

Yes, I agree. Having something other people dont have or which you yourself dont have is indeed going to flavour many decisions!

Panther crosses (particularly with heavy blue and some red). I've reached a point where I've grown tired of seeing how most individuals within a locale look similar to each other. I am now way more interested in combining locales and seeing what they produce. Often the individuals stand alone, looking like no other panther. Where as my Ambilobe was one of any 1,000 just the same, in my opinion.
However, if I had to choose I would say Ambanjas are my favorite pure locale, the ones with lots of blue.

I agree there is something unique and special about crosses. There is a mystery and surprise you just cant get from a pure.
If all things were equal, I'd likely pick Ambibole as my fav pure. But for awhile now my crosses have turned my head more than my pure animals. And When people come see my chameleons or look at the photos, they always pick out a cross as the "prettiest" - and its not because my pure animals are ugly :)

Brad, thanks for including Cross as a choice! :)

I think it would be very interesting to know if all things were equal and available which one people would like the best just based on color and pattern. I think many base "favorite" locale on what is hardest to get which effects 'most sought after'. I truly feel that if all things were the same you would be hard pressed to fined a locale more beautiful and with more diversity than ambilobe or ambanja.
I know I fall pray to this same thing because when I look at the list above my first thought is Nosy Mitsio, but that is largely due to already having 4 Nosy Faly's. But when people see my collection hands down the favorite is my Ambilobe.

Id have to agree... doesn't matter what I show-- ambilobes win everyone over!

I almost clicked faly.... almost. But.. how could I not click my first love? :D

I was drawn to the amazing blue of the Nosy be and love looking at my boy every day. So cool that a living reptile it such an amazing color:)

My mitsio Zaphod is my favourite for looks. My faly Zelig is my favourite for his sweet personality and nice eating skills. While I do think my faly is beautiful, i find his colours just don't pop as eye catching as the mitsio colours do. I just really love yellow on a Cham.

Zaphod's yellow is amazing, the red accents are cool, and sometimes i even get blue stripes instead of green.
I agree that many ambilobes have equally bright fired up colours, including bright yellow, but the difference I find is that while many of them are gorgeous (Cham Nation's Diablo was the first chameleon picture i fell in love with) i also think so many of them are kinda blah when all they have are spotty red faces. And that their resting colours aren't as nice of a green as the mitsio resting green.
Just my personal opinion, everybody's tastes are different, some prefer red, some prefer blue, some green, some love the horns. No matter what my preference, all chams look 10 times cooler than any other lizard. :)

i would have to say tamatave then sambava....although they don't have as many colors as the ambilobe usually does i think they are just as stunning:)

Does anyone have any pics of Nosey valiha?

Here is a Valiha

283116_167514896652225_161280070609041_332230_2376519_n (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom