Eyes are closed.

Hey Tygerr.
No I havent goten to that yet because Im worried that she got the illness or what ever it is from the male like some germ or something so I want to disinfect the plants and the cage to kill the germs.
Shes foing all right she will eat still, her left eyes can open with more eas than the right eye and just on the under side of her right eye its a little bit pink.
Dont know if its from rubbing but if shes disturbed she definetly makes an effort to open her eyes unlike my male he wouldnt bother so he couldnt eat at all, without stressing from trying to force feed him etc.
I dont have any special reptile dis infectants but do you guys know anything I can use like maybe just a very small amount of jik on the plants in a bath and the cage but then I will obviously rince off continuosly to get rid of oddar and so that it doesnt effect them.

Isamu: Hey thanks for your concern I am around the west rand area.

Hey

I just read some stuff on coccidia do you think my cham could have it I think Im going to take both chams to vet soon!
To get them checked for soccidia and if it isnt then Ill find out what is wrong with her.
Has anyone else dealed with coccidia.

Please take her to a vet! My cham was closing her eyes alot and I almost didn't notice her stopping eating. That put together with not being able to get to the vets for a couple of days made her really ill. When the vet actually got her out to look at her she turned completely black, fell over and started panting. By some miracle she's alive and doing really well now (she was too small for the vet to do anything for her, so she just rested in a vets cage for a couple of days). So please don't do the same thing I did, you need to get a vet to look at her as soon as possible. It cost me £61.00 for it, but its worth every penny because it saved her life!

I dont have any special reptile dis infectants but do you guys know anything I can use like maybe just a very small amount of jik on the plants in a bath and the cage but then I will obviously rince off continuosly to get rid of oddar and so that it doesnt effect them.
It is a good idea to clean out the cage and the plants. If not for parasites/germs, then just to get off to a clean start with a new cham in there. However you don't really need any 'special' reptile disinfectants.
Jik is quite a harsh substance. You can use it to scrub down the cage, but make sure that you dilute it quite a bit, and also make sure that you thoroughly rinse the enclosure after you've washed it.
I wouldn't use it for the plants though. Instead, just use a mild detergent, and a sponge to wipe down all the leaves (I like to use I.C.U. dishwashing liquid since it has a 'germicide' - which may just be marketing hype - but it also says that it is biodegradeable, which may also be marketing hype... Anyway, it's worked for me so far).
You may want to re-pot the plants while you're at it.

About the coccidia and other parasites. You really need to get a fecal test done by a vet. They're not very expensive (certainly a lot cheaper than what the keepers pay in the US). Only then can you be sure.
If it does come back that there were parasites, then take extra care scrubbing out that cage, and I would actually just throw the plants out and get some new ones (two nice sized Scheffleras from that nursery in Randpark Ridge - I can't recall the name: the one with the monkey and iguana cages - will set you back less than 50 bucks).

Ok
I am going to a vet tomorrow.
But you see thats what happend to my male about a week ago unfortunately he didnt make it sounded egzactly like yours wouldt eat but drank most, went completely black,
not such a nice thing to see a cham completely black.

Ok will do but if I do a fecal test what do I do just take their poop and them with to the vet since I want them to have a very good egzamine on them both for anything wrong.

Yes. Collect fresh poop in little plastic bags. Try to separate the urates (the white part) from the rest. They don't need the urates to test for parasites, but take them along so the vet can examine the condition of them.

And definitely take the chams with you. Your vet needs to examine them!
You can transport them in any dark (but not airtight) container. Just make sure it's safe for them in there (i.e. they don't get bashed around while travelling): let them have a perch to hold on to. Or just put them in a linen bag (like a snake bag) and handle them carefully.
As long as it is dark, they won't get too stressed out during transit.

Hey guys,

I havent taken her to the vet yet because shes clearing up her self, shes reacting to vibrations on the cage by opening both her eyes and the pink under her eyes is going away and coming back green, this morning she ate 3 crickets and drank alot of water:)

I'm glad she's getting better! Are the females housed separately yet?
I thought you had a vet appointment a couple of days ago? I hope that if her condition goes back to how it was you will take her to the vet right away. Your other female could end up with the same thing if they have been housed together.

Yes they are housed together still I dont want to put her in the glass cage.
She stresses in it and it isnt tall enough so Ive got a divider and divided the big screen cage.
Im going to swap the glass cage for a screen sometime this week.

Back
Top Bottom