Experienced Cham Parents Take a Look please

Chopper562

Hey you guys i always lurk here for good info, but now i made an account to ask a few questions, i have a Male veiled (4month) who is doing great in a four foot cage, proper lights, misting 5+ daily...

he's nice and active, no MBD.

I do not feed him as proper as all of you guys however. So i would appreciate it if one of the Professional Cham parents on here will set up a diet schedule for chopper

please be specific if your going to respond. i would like a very nice routine to follow and stay on.

currently he has been enjoying crickets powdered 3 times a week, 4 times a week normal crickets.

he is treated to one or two silkworms a day. lots of water attention.

the crickets eat apple and lettuce thats it..

oh, all screen cage if interested, nice and spacey, he has a Ficus tree, a basking log to lay out on, and some vines to mess with, hes an active one.

Please feel free to set me up with a schedule to follow, i trust you guys!
i have a little budget to buy supplements and food, let me know

He has 100w UVB light with daytime lighting inside as well on 12/12
the light has 3 feet clearance.

any questions i missed?
Edit/Delete Message

Hello, welcome to the forum Here's the caresheet I always recommend to Veiled owners - https://www.chameleonforums.com/exp...take-look-please-81896/blogs...are-sheet.html
Plain Calcium (no d3) should be used everyday. With d3 twice a month. Most people will use a multivit once or twice a month too.
Here is a good list of feeders you could try - https://www.chameleonforums.com/exp...take-look-please-81896/blogs...4-feeders.html
Here is great gutload info - https://www.chameleonforums.com/exp...take-look-please-81896/blogs...utloading.html
I also use Repashy bug burger which is a commercially available ready made gutload, it's great stuff :)

^thanks i like this site it helps.

Thanks for your answer as well but i was hoping somebody with a STRONG and HEALTHY beast like vieled cham, could just pass on their exact routine and foods/supplement brand used. i would greatly appreciate it

i basically want to copy one of the sucessfull Cham raisers out there :)

i want chopper to be king of his jungle with nice big bones and and a huge body..

it took me awhile to get my nutrients right in the garden, i'd like to skip the perfection phase of my chameleons diet by mocking a good cham owners feeding schedule/foods/supplement brands..

thanks for reading.

You want a beasty veiled? haha. give him time.

I own two veileds, and have 38 veiled eggs cooking.

My schedule:

For my male veiled (age 1 year, 2 months)
5-10 large crickets every two days.
2-4 Dubia Roaches every two days.
(No he does not eat all that food, but thats what hes offered, sometimes he does. sometimes he doesnt.)
Once my silkworm/hornworm colony is up to par, I will be subbing some of the crickets with the worms.

SIlkworms can be used as a daily feeder bug.

For supplementing- I dust with repashy all in one calcium plus on every feeding.

He has a 100 wat regular house bulb for basking, which puts his basking temp at around 85.

He has a reptiglo 5.0 UVB tube style bulb.

Lights go on at 715- off at 730.

He lives in a 2x2x4 homemade wood cage.

I have a mistking that goes off every 2 hours for 2 minutes.

Gutloading- I feed my crickets, romaine lettuce, carrots, apples, oranges, collard greens, butternut squash, variuos nuts and fruits.

To get better info, locate sandrachameleon's blogs on gutloading. she is the bug food queen on here.

What else woudl you like to know?? :D

I feed the following.

For insects:
I Feed the Following Regularly:
Crickets
Dubia Roaches
Blue Bottle Flies
Soldier Flies
Moths
Phoenix Worms

I Feed the Following in Small Amounts:
Bee Flies ( Not sure the exact name so i'll use a folk name)
Non Toxic Butterflies ( USE CAUTION)
Wax worms ( Very rarely if at all)

For fruits and veggies:
I Feed the Following Regularly:
Mustard Greens
Collard Greens
Dandelion Greens
Dandelion Flowers
Celery Greens

I Feed the Following in Small Amounts:
Shredded Carrot (Sliced to smaller bites, Not Chunks)
Cucumber
Zucchini
Black Berries
Blue Berries
Strawberries

^ thanks im loving the nicely formatted and educated answers!

I'd love to see more feeding schedules, just gives me more ideas :) thanks guys :eek:

Back
Top Bottom