Exo-Terra Monsoon

Some things I have read to help make sure it doesn't break down is to,

1.) Do not fill through the provided filling hole, take the lid off and fill.
2.) Fill the water up to a point of 3 inches from the top of the reservoir.
3.) Do not fully tighten the fill cap so that not so much moisture is held in.

The main problem with them malfunctioning is the moisture getting into the electronic part of the machine and slowly ruining it. Exo-terra I guess doesn't do too well of a sealant job, so I will be taking these precautions. Besides that is build up's in the nozzles and possibly hoses. Distilled water and changing the tubing and nozzles every 6 months should help.

Great Advice! Will follow :)

I have a monsoon and purchased it in march. the timer got messed up and it would only work set for once a day for two minutes. contacted the company and they sent a brand new one out. I did fill it up fairly full but they never asked about tnat. i did need the receipt though. I am looking into a different system though.

50/50

Spray immediately : yes
timer: yes
I have two, one works and other is certified crazy. The stories you read and hear are valid. They just aren't high quality.

I wish I had had the advice about using the filling hole- at first I didn't and it didn't seem to have a problem- I got mine in May and it was finished by Sept. It worked badly starting the end of July and Aug- I put it on a timer for a while in July and Aug - I have heard that they fixed the problem - I haven't spent the time trying to get a refund - I will sometime before May of next year - I don't want a replacement I got an aquazamp instead - It came Friday- I had gotten one misting and one rain dome as I thought my Jackson (who's little) might have a hard time with the drops- he loves it- I guess I'm going to have too hook it up so they can share for a little while -

Is there a button on the machine to activate the cycle whenever you want? Like before its cycle turns on to spray at your setting, you can press a button on it to spray and then it resets itself to spray whenever your next cycle time is. The remote for it has that "spray when you want to" button...

Is there a button on the machine to activate the cycle whenever you want? Like before its cycle turns on to spray at your setting, you can press a button on it to spray and then it resets itself to spray whenever your next cycle time is. The remote for it has that "spray when you want to" button...

Yes, you can trigger it whenever you want.

It was mentioned that there is build up in the nozzles... Ive had mine all of 2 weeks and all the nozzles have clogged up on me! Ive even used the spares and those have clogged up as well. Any advice on how to clear them?

Unfortunately I read all the warnings after I bought the unit - mine ran great for 3 weeks and today I came home to 3 flooded habitats. Thought it was an anomaly and filled it again, fired it up and although set to 160 Seconds every 3 hours it just started going on and off randomly. Mine is going back - fortunately they are going to swap it out - unfortunately they only carry Monsoons. I will give it a try one more time, if it craps out again Ill buy a mist king and consider the Monsoon an expensive mistake. Damn.

Monsoons are crap. My first one only lasted months, they replaced it and this one out of the box does not work reliably. It sprays when ever it wants and for as long as it wants, regardless of how it is set. I am going to try to get my money back. If I cannot I think I will get that timer from MistKing and run it on that using the always on button then have the timer turn it off and on. So even though I have this I still run the dripper, just cause I don't trust it. My nozzles also are not the best but I have been able to clean them with just strong sprays of water on them.

It was mentioned that there is build up in the nozzles... Ive had mine all of 2 weeks and all the nozzles have clogged up on me! Ive even used the spares and those have clogged up as well. Any advice on how to clear them?
Maybe soak them in vinegar? I have been following the precautions I listed and its working so far. Hope it last me, if it breaks down please be within the 2 year warranty!

Ive had my monsoon for about 2 years, give or take, and it has never failed me once. If your not familiar with its settings, it has two knobs. One knob is the cycle which allows for 1,2,4,8,12,16,20 & 24 hours settings. The second knob is the duration in seconds for how long it will run when it turns on. Mine runs within a second or two of turning on so you can cycle it to turn on at 7am is you turn it off at 11pm the night before.

I use mine every two hours for 20 seconds so I turn on my chams lights at 7 am and allow them to warm up for 30 min before I turn on my monsoon and mist them for the first time in the day then every couple of hours until I get home from work later in the day and manually turn off the monsoon until the following day. So its pretty easy to use and like I said I have never had any problems with it so far.

Have to agree with most of posts here. I have had 3 , two of them replacements in the space of 3 months. They look good but the workings are of poor quality. Had mistking for 18 months no problems.:)

Keep receipts, for 2 yr warranty from when u bought it. Otherwise, they go off the serial number, when it was made. Yes it has a 2 yr warranty, I use mine for when my Chams are outside now and its been going goid for bout yr now.

Any updates on monsoon? I'm about to purchase one this weekend. Going to follow all the tips on this thread (really hopeful). But I have to be honest, The more I read up on the moon soon The more it makes me want to purchase Mist King. I do like the timer on the Mist King. Maybe I'll do a combination of Mist King with monsoon nozzles or something.

I had a monsoon for less than a year and had to replace it 3 times. It is garbage; I got an Aquazamp with a raindome and love it. So did the chameleons. The spray was a much finer mist, it kept the humidity up better and the chameleons would run into the mist instead of away from it. Spend the extra money, it is not that much and get the better product.

Any updates on monsoon? I'm about to purchase one this weekend. Going to follow all the tips on this thread (really hopeful). But I have to be honest, The more I read up on the moon soon The more it makes me want to purchase Mist King. I do like the timer on the Mist King. Maybe I'll do a combination of Mist King with monsoon nozzles or something.

Dude trust me...get the mist king my vet bills due to the monsoon are enormous. The timer fried itself and gave my guy and RI because it sprayed when it felt like while I was away. I now own a mistking, which is amazing wants you get it set up.

Edit: Also after speaking to customer service and not refunding, they sent me a new one. The only changes I noticed compared to the old one was the sticker on the box that said "New and Improved".

I had a monsoon for less than a year and had to replace it 3 times. It is garbage; I got an Aquazamp with a raindome and love it. So did the chameleons. The spray was a much finer mist, it kept the humidity up better and the chameleons would run into the mist instead of away from it. Spend the extra money, it is not that much and get the better product.

I've been curious about getting an aquazamp eventually. I really like the idea of the rain dome, but what about the noise?

I've only seen two videos of it working on youtube and it sounds horrifyingly loud and annoying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWJSfCoS0f8&channel=sericinda

It's louder when it's first put into use, but then it gets quieter. Mine doesn't bother me at all, and I have 2 of the rain domes in use, right next to my computer. :) The first one took a few cycles and the "squeak" went away, the 2nd one took about 3 or 4 weeks. Not sure if the difference was because they're on different setups or why. But the "squeak" does go away.

It's louder when it's first put into use, but then it gets quieter. Mine doesn't bother me at all, and I have 2 of the rain domes in use, right next to my computer. :) The first one took a few cycles and the "squeak" went away, the 2nd one took about 3 or 4 weeks. Not sure if the difference was because they're on different setups or why. But the "squeak" does go away.

That's fair. I see lots of reviews raving about how quiet the pump itself is. Not to mention this will only be going off every few hours for only a short time…so not an issue for me.

Also, the fact that you say it's right next to your computer gives me confidence that it won't overspray with the mist and is very well built :)

Back
Top Bottom