Dubais

Kate

Established Member
I have a small colony of Dubais. I have just cleaned them out and spotted a female with a white sac protruding from her butt. I guess the babies are in there but how many? Haven't examined them closely before as they gross me out.:D

If you want the whole gross image. She has a tube of babies about as thick as a pencil. They get fertilized. Then she squirts the tube out, has it do a 180, then sucks the tube back in. Then in 20 days about 30-40 white babies come out.

Little bit of vomit in my mouth since this is happening in my garage... Lol! So normally I've been feeding nymphs, but I've got an excess of adult males around so I'm gonna feed some off. I've got 2 adult veileds(male/female). How many adults would you all normally feed off every other day per chameleon?

The adults I have are way too big to feed off. Just keep them for breeding.:eek:

Little bit of vomit in my mouth since this is happening in my garage... Lol! So normally I've been feeding nymphs, but I've got an excess of adult males around so I'm gonna feed some off. I've got 2 adult veileds(male/female). How many adults would you all normally feed off every other day per chameleon?

adult cricket = .25g
male adult dubia = 1.50g
female adult dubia = 3.00g
adult superworm = .50g

Going by that, if my normal rate is 2 dozen crickets, thats 3 adult male dubia by nutrition content(not weight).

If you want other sizes let me know. I tried a 1" nymph but it was 1.25g so i kinda gave up.

Back
Top Bottom