Dragon Strand Ledges

Adman

As you've no doubt gathered from the title of this thread, I'm inquiring about people's experience with the Dragon Strand Ledges. I've exchanged a number of emails with William Strand about the possibility of having a set sent here to France, as I'm considering installing a set in my veild's future Reptibreeze XL. The cost of the shipping from the US and for the ledges themselves comes up to almost 90 euros, so I'm wondering if anyone thinks they would be a sound investment or if there are any similar products out there.

At this point there are no other US options.

The product has positive reviews from all.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

The ledges are great!! Mine will be here soon. Bill Strand is excellent to deal with, you will be glad you got the ledges.

I have not posted my adult set up for my 10 mo. Nosy Be yet, but I have to say that I am quite pleased with the ledges.

At first, when installing the ledges, they seemed thinner than I thought they would be, but they are holding multiple plants in my enclosure and seem to be plenty sturdy. I'll post a picture later! I had so many holes in my last cage, trying to make stuff fit in and what not, but with the ledges, no more holes (except for misting system)!

I personally would not by only the ledges if you are paying a lot for shipping as it is. Have you thought about one of the breeder cages that come with the ledges? I did not get the breeder cage because i wanted full ventilation and air flow, but had the ledges added to the order. It was fun to assemble and they are extremely convenient so I highly recommend them

I have not posted my adult set up for my 10 mo. Nosy Be yet, but I have to say that I am quite pleased with the ledges.

At first, when installing the ledges, they seemed thinner than I thought they would be, but they are holding multiple plants in my enclosure and seem to be plenty sturdy. I'll post a picture later! I had so many holes in my last cage, trying to make stuff fit in and what not, but with the ledges, no more holes (except for misting system)!

I personally would not by only the ledges if you are paying a lot for shipping as it is. Have you thought about one of the breeder cages that come with the ledges? I did not get the breeder cage because i wanted full ventilation and air flow, but had the ledges added to the order. It was fun to assemble and they are extremely convenient so I highly recommend them

It's an idea to add something to my order, but in light of the fact that I already have the Reptibreeze XL cage, I'm not sure what else could be added to my order. I thought a drainage tray might be a good addition, but the measurements of the tray and the reptibreeze are just off unfortunately, so it wouldn't fit. And I don't need another vivarium (screen or otherwise) as I only have one chameleon and intend on keeping it that way, mainly due to spacial constraints in my apartments, and also the cost. As much as I would LOVE to own more than one chameleon, I really don't have the space.

I think if you want the convenience and ability to change basking sticks rather easily (it's good to switch things up sometimes), then I would highly recommend them. I also have only one cham., and I'm not sure if I'm going to ever get another cage for my guy. I don't remember how much I spent on the ledges (As I had not intiially ordered them, but added them on), but I'm glad I did. I don't know how much 90 euros is, but I know european money is worth more than U.S. in general. Maybe you can talk to William Strand and he can help to get you a slightly better deal.

I think if you want the convenience and ability to change basking sticks rather easily (it's good to switch things up sometimes), then I would highly recommend them. I also have only one cham., and I'm not sure if I'm going to ever get another cage for my guy. I don't remember how much I spent on the ledges (As I had not intiially ordered them, but added them on), but I'm glad I did. I don't know how much 90 euros is, but I know european money is worth more than U.S. in general. Maybe you can talk to William Strand and he can help to get you a slightly better deal.

I don't know how I'd feel about trying to haggle a better deal with him, he seems like a stand-up guy but I'm pretty sure he'll stick to "the price is the price" unfortunately, and broaching the subject at all might come off as a little rude.

That's true. I guess I'm a college student and was probably trying to get him to feel sympathetic for me. I guess it is unprofessional to talk too in depth about personal transactions. I guess my situation was that I waited a couple weeks for parts to come in for the cage, and maybe he felt like helping me out a little. At any rate, I am grateful. All I know that is that he is a very reasonable person, and willing to help and answer any questions you may have about the product. The ledges are very important in my set up, so that is why I am supporting them.

Your decision. I do agree and see how broaching the subject as you say, would come off as disrespectful. Good luck with the cham set up!

That's true. I guess I'm a college student and was probably trying to get him to feel sympathetic for me. I guess it is unprofessional to talk too in depth about personal transactions. I guess my situation was that I waited a couple weeks for parts to come in for the cage, and maybe he felt like helping me out a little. At any rate, I am grateful. All I know that is that he is a very reasonable person, and willing to help and answer any questions you may have about the product. The ledges are very important in my set up, so that is why I am supporting them.

Your decision. I do agree and see how broaching the subject as you say, would come off as disrespectful. Good luck with the cham set up!

If it's not too personal, can I ask about the "deal" you struck with him? What kind of a reduction did he give you?

These look great and I'm seriously considering getting a set for each of my two cages. I like the idea of suspending plants and not having to poke things through the screen.

Solid design and concept which filled a glaring hole in keeping chameleons in screen cages. I've got them in my new custom cages

the ledges are great you never have to worry about putting holes in your screen and it makes your screen cage feel much stronger I would not build anther cage without them

I just put two ledges in one cage - very easy and I am a old woman who has problems with using tools - I already have a Dragon Strand breeder cage (which I love) and two other custom cages all screen cages - I haven't decided if I'm going to put the other two from the set in my other cage or what yet but it didn't take long and was quite easy.

I just put two ledges in one cage - very easy and I am a old woman who has problems with using tools - I already have a Dragon Strand breeder cage (which I love) and two other custom cages all screen cages - I haven't decided if I'm going to put the other two from the set in my other cage or what yet but it didn't take long and was quite easy.

Good to know, I'm definitely leaning towards shelling out to have them sent over because I have read nothing but glowing reviews of the ledges. Am I right in thinking that an electric drill is required to attach the ledges to the cage?

A screw driver is all you need. And a tape measured or ruler probably. They were rather easy to set up . Kinda fun actually :] only advice I can give is that if you are putting them on before you set up cage, that the ledges do not come into contact so as to inhibit the latch that keeps the door open or closed.

A screw driver is all you need. And a tape measured or ruler probably. They were rather easy to set up . Kinda fun actually :] only advice I can give is that if you are putting them on before you set up cage, that the ledges do not come into contact so as to inhibit the latch that keeps the door open or closed.

Great bit of advice I'll keep in mind, thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom