Do I have to buy cricket food and water?

Or can I feed the crickets various fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and give them a damp towel to drink out of?

And if I do have to and I buy Fluker's Orange Cubes, should I still dust the crickets with multivitamin powder?

You don't need to buy commercial food if you don't WANT to. You can if you wish to spend a little more money. You can use carrots for moisture and food if you want to (but you should change it out often, because it doesn't last that long). Orange cubes don't work that well and really are a crappy gut load... The cricket dust from Fluker's I do give to my roaches in a bowl though. You can also use cricket water gel if you want to. I mainly gut load with collard greens, carrots, some Fluker's Cricket Gel, Fluker's Cricket Feed (dust), and once and a while potatoes.

Slices of oranges are perfect for my crix they don't smell crickets eat them all the way down to the skin and best part they are cheapest way for me to hydrate them

Slices of oranges are perfect for my crix they don't smell crickets eat them all the way down to the skin and best part they are cheapest way for me to hydrate them
But they don't have the vitamins and minerals that your chams need. It's not just about keeping them alive. They need to be gut loaded with foods that will provide your cham with their dietary needs.

But they don't have the vitamins and minerals that your chams need. It's not just about keeping them alive. They need to be gut loaded with foods that will provide your cham with their dietary needs.

Well they do have C :rolleyes: I feed them to my roaches

They need much more than C from their feeders. Read some of sandrachameleons blogs about proper gutloading.

I don't necessarily use them for GUTLOADING... I feed my roaches cricket chow, a pinch of crushed cat food, collard greens, carrots, and potatoes. The oranges work well with breeding :D

Or can I feed the crickets various fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and give them a damp towel to drink out of?

And if I do have to and I buy Fluker's Orange Cubes, should I still dust the crickets with multivitamin powder?

Assuming you are feeding these crickets to you chameleon, and you want your chameleon to eat healthy food, then the Best thing to feed them is vegetables and fruit, a few seeds, etc. They will get all the hydration they need from the veg and fruit. There is no need to buy specialty food or water crystals etc. The Flukers stuff is totally unnecessary and IMHO not very good.

i use chamalot chameleons king kricket feast and flukers water gel w/ calcium. imho worth it and because the gutload is dry, it doesn't rot as easily as fresh foods.

Back
Top Bottom