Dimmable Lighting

MATT2504

Established Member
Will controlling my lighting with a dimmable ballast and control system affect the life of the bulbs?

I'm thinking not, but if anyone has had experienve with dimming there lights your input would be priceless!

Thanks

I love my dimmers. When I take chams out for fr or sunning I turn them off.
I figure to saves the life of the bulb and my electric bill. I figure I turn them off a total of 8 hours a day(5 different bulbs).
And you can adjust the temp according to your ambient

Will controlling my lighting with a dimmable ballast and control system affect the life of the bulbs?

I'm thinking not, but if anyone has had experienve with dimming there lights your input would be priceless!

Thanks

Nope, dimming doesn't seem affect the life of the bulb negatively. If you are using a dimming ballast for your fluorescent UVB bulbs, they will still require changing after the recommended length of time for your brand, but some basking bulbs can end up lasting for months upon months.

Nope, dimming doesn't seem affect the life of the bulb negatively. If you are using a dimming ballast for your fluorescent UVB bulbs, they will still require changing after the recommended length of time for your brand, but some basking bulbs can end up lasting for months upon months.

That's what i thought, thanks for the reply :D

Back
Top Bottom