Cross breeding

joshuadh2310

Established Member
so, in the future I want to breed two panthers just for the experience of doing so and before anyone starts no this won't be anytime soon this would be after my 4 month old girl is ready to breed and after my male wich I haven't even got yet has fully grown and is ready to breed and I know it's a lot of work and blah blah I will be doing so much reasearch on the topics and will make sure I am ready knowledge wise and financially as from my understanding a properly done breeding project actually losses money. So no I am not in it for the money I just want the experience as I have taken a deep passion for chameleons and would love to have more than just panther but for now I do not have the time or money for any other species. But anyways I'm having a hard time deciding what boy to get. I want to cross locals and I know some of you on here don't like that but I love surprises and love to see what cool colors can be made. I have my eyes on a couple boys but just wanted some thoughts and feedback from you guys and if anyone has crossed locals before to share with me how they came out. My girl is a nosy faly from what I was told when I bought her.

I own a cross locale and have been contacted by some people looking to breed my boy although I don't have any plans to in the near future. But, IF I did, I think having the different percentages of the locale breakdown would be necessary. For example, my chameleon came with 'papers' so I know what percentage of what locale he has in him. I think that is what most people would want to see that as well when looking to cross breed or sell the offspring.
If you do buy from a breeder, they should be able to provide lineage or bloodlines of your chameleon.

I own a cross locale and have been contacted by some people looking to breed my boy although I don't have any plans to in the near future. But, IF I did, I think having the different percentages of the locale breakdown would be necessary. For example, my chameleon came with 'papers' so I know what percentage of what locale he has in him. I think that is what most people would want to see that as well when looking to cross breed or sell the offspring.
If you do buy from a breeder, they should be able to provide lineage or bloodlines of your chameleon.
Do you have pics of your boy? I would love to see. But I do not plan on buying a cross breed but I do plan on breeding my nosy faly girl with a male of a different local that I have not bought yet. I plan on buying a pure boy though and I would then make cross baby's and that is a good idea to have as far back bloodlines as possible.

My avatar is him at about 6-7 months old. I'll post a picture of him at a yearish old after his last shed. I'd have to find my papers at home (I'm at work) but he's ambilobe, ambanja, sambava, nosy be, Tamatave, and maroensentro.
IMG_20170211_162954.jpg

Back
Top Bottom