Crickets For my Herps

Chameleon Loco

Any one have a great place to buy their feeders from, I am fed up with my store always not having any on monday and tuesday My herps are to :( I usually buy around 200 crickets for 8 bucks.

try Gann's. it's the new site sponcer.
I've been using them forever and always have great results.

Harry

I buy mine from la habra pets. Great price I think 200 for $8 but that's quite a way from northridge.

stayin' alive...

i'd be interested in buying in bulk but i only have one herp, and the crix die so fast! is it possible to keep them alive for more than a week or two? i try to remove deads and give them crystal gels, crack, fruit etc etc

try giving them pieces of egg cartons to hide in it greatly reduces fighting between them

I know i learned that the hard way. iv'e also believe there is some sort of cannibalism between then because sometimes i find dead crickets with their heads cutoff.

as for ghann's, I normaly buy like 500 crickets for about $10.00...I get 2nd day shipping, and without me checking I "THINK" it's about another $10.00

I always order a size smaller then I need, as a few will be larger and fed off first.
then as they grow I then feed off the "origianaly" smaller ones next.

no matter what, shipping cost sucks. it's why I used 2nd day insted of overnight.
I've never had a problem.

Harry

We order 1000 smalls to arrive at least 3 days before needed and start feeding them a buffet right away. They grow fast enough and over the course of 3+ weeks and there's maybe 30 dead. In addition to the egg crates they're shipped in we add paper tubes. I don't like to feed them anything that will get moldy in a couple days, like potato slices. A lot of people do, that's just my preference. I use baby carrots, a bowl of grains like oatmeal, wheat bran, cheerios, total cereal flakes- a blend of a couple things, whatever I've got. Also a small bowl of Total Bites insect food with vitamins n stuff in it. That's the cricket buffet and they tear it up! Constant supply. Just a tiny mist in the morning and evening and they are a happy feeder group :)

As far as keeping crickets well fed, a dry meal specifically made for crickets is best (at least according to multiple cricket breeders I have talked to) and water. I have found the best thing for water for crickets (3 week and larger) is to get a chick waterer like this one (can be found at your local feed store):

FT650_LPJ_L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom