Colors?

PeriTanz

At what age do baby panther chams start to show there colors? So far iv seen bits of orange and teal. mostly green.

pretty. the ambilobe is my favorite. you'll really start seeing different colors anywhere between 4-6 months. but it varies, some show early on while other dont. post some pics so we can see your little guy.

you hit reply, and below the text box under "Additional Options" there is a 'Manage Attachments' button. it is pretty self explanitory from there

lets see if this works..

Attachments

• DSCF4332.jpg
    DSCF4332.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF4327.jpg
    DSCF4327.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCF4314.jpg
    DSCF4314.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 239
hmmmmm it is showing a lot of pink to be a male. looks like a female to me.

...Yea I have to agree... It's a pink for a male ambilobe... 4-6 months if it were a he it should be showing at LEAST some bars of the main colors... I think you got yourself a little girl... Still cool though :)

i hate to say i agree too..my baby male is only 31\2 months old..(in my care for 1 1\2 months now..)

heres a pic..

SLEEPY,

MIRROR ACTION:

Attachments

• CIMG0034.jpg
    CIMG0034.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 153
  • CIMG0030.jpg
    CIMG0030.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 228
i hate to say i agree too..my baby male is only 31\2 months old..(in my care for 1 1\2 months now..)

heres a pic..

SLEEPY,

MIRROR ACTION:

wow he does have a lot of color. I'm still totally happy if Tanzy is a girl. No preference either way actually, but it would be nice to know.

Earlier today, Tanzy's tail was a different color from his/her body. a very distinguished line between tail and body, has anyone else seen this?

Yea I've actually had my guy go dark on one side of his body while basking in the heat lamp and be COMPLETELY different on the other side... Temperature management... They go dark wherever they are trying to soak up heat... But it could be different thats just me :)

Are females usually always dull in color?

yes, but i have seen a few with some greens and a lil bit of reds..normally purple on the cheeks..but overall very bland in color..they are still awesome chams tho..and you can always breed and have plenty of baby males..

such pretty ladies. my first panther chameleon was a female nosy be. she was super cute and friendly. so ate a lot too. a bit of a pig lol. she had purple/bluish dots all over.

Back
Top Bottom