Colors of my Panther....

gwilliams

He is almost White.....Any help?

Not sure if this should go in Photography, but I've been talking with Curt at Epic Chameleons and we seem to think my Ambilobe is a "pastel" - and I was hoping some more people could chime in... Eric @ 101? Anyone! :)

This is Hercules - at 13 months and these are his "Fired up" colors after he has seen his girlfriend.... His dad is Franklin Jr. and comes from some amazing colors....

Thanks everyone!

Glenna

Attachments

• 2012-02-16 19.22.31.jpg
    2012-02-16 19.22.31.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Ambilobes usually color up very fast, however some others like sambavas take like 2 years to show their color. So yeah, he could be pastel, or he could just be a late bloomer.

Could we have a pic where he is more directly illuminated? It's hard to see him in that pic with him backlit.

This is the only other one (that's clear and close enough) that I have on my phone- this was taken last week @ his shed, the one I posted earlier is from last night.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Huh, that's peculiar lol He won't even get brighter in the sunlight? Perhaps he'll still surprise you, like Pope says he could take the full 2 years to reach his full potential. I thought my faly cross had stopped changing when he turned a year old, but a couple months later he shed and all this red popped up that had never been there before. He went from almost solid blue to looking more like a faly cross. So I don't know, perhaps he'll still surprise you!

Hi Olympia, thanks for responding - I'm beginning to think no one "likes" me on here! :)

But yes, even when he is basking on his tree in the sun, he stays this almost "white" color with just a tad of blueish/greenish on the sides... he's been this way since about he was 4 months old - now he is 13 months... so yes, we shall see... maybe he will surprise me, eitherway, I love him! :) He's my Hercules!

Glenna

How interesting, I wonder why that is. I'd love to see some pics of him outside if you have them, having a whitish chameleon is really neat as well. You get essentially the appeal of a Faly without spending the $400+ lol

How interesting, I wonder why that is. I'd love to see some pics of him outside if you have them, having a whitish chameleon is really neat as well. You get essentially the appeal of a Faly without spending the $400+ lol

I will get some pictures this weekend in the sunlight and post them... Thanks...

Hi Glenna, I have to say his colors are very unusual. Some chams are late bloomers, but by 13 months most ambilobes are quite colorful. I am not sure what the reasoning is either!!! Especially he is pretty washed out when even seeing a female. I really have no answers!!

Back
Top Bottom