closed eye rolling around

Salty

So I just got my ambalobe today. I am super excited but there may be a couple of problems with him.

1. one of his eyes closes and then there is like a bubble that inflates in front of his eye. It is rather large and then he rolls his eye around inside the eye sack for a minute before what seems like relocating his inner eye into the correct location. Then he can open his eye again.

2. His ribs on one side stick out more than they seem to on the other side, not sure if I am emagining this though.... Is it normal to see the ribs of an ambilobe?

Darn it. I posted this in the wrong forum. If there is a mod on please feal free to move the post to the healthcare forum.

Just cleaning... lol. cool.

Can't get pics of the rib thing to come out so you can see it... Basically, I can see his ribs....

I dont think he is skinny...

Attachments

• cham 020.jpg
    cham 020.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 191
See the shadow under his ribs... closer to his feet where the light does not hit his belly.... his ribs form quite an angle there that I can not capture with the camera.... also, you can kind of see his ribs in this pic, not as clearly as I can see them with my naked eye though.

Oh no oh no oh no oh no the silicone it wasn't cured and caused him to shrivel away haha j/k he looks great man! Congrats I see my chams ribs on a daily basis and he's a pig!

I was kind of worried that he was crushed in the box. The fed ex guy was not being exceptionally careful while taking him out of the truck. I was worried that he may have been crushed. Glad to know I am just overly worried...

The vinager thing worked great by the way! Took the smell out right away. It was amazing.

Thanks, my kids think he is awesome too. :)

Attachments

• cham 009.jpg
    cham 009.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 159
Thanks. I got him from Panther16 on the forum. He really spoiled this guy lol. I just held a spray bottle up to his mouth and he looked at me like "well buddy, you gonna pull the trigger or what, I'm thirsty here" He drank right out of the spray bottle only about a half hour after I took him out of the box. Can't get him to eat though...

The biggest thing you can do is just let him be for a couple of days to not overly stress him out
The feeding thing will come with time I've discovered they're like our saltwater fish hate to
Be seen / bugged when first placed in their environment then in a couple days they're you're best bud eating and begging you for more!

OK, I'll pretend he is my new Salt Air toby puffer... lol.
Had a toby puffer for a while had to get rid of him because he started eating my Zoas... ate all my Orange Bam Bams. :( Any way, took him about a week to start eating then he ate Everything! including my coral... I'll try to pull patients from that experiance.

I miss Toby... he was like a clumbsy puppy. lol.

IDk.. probably not many. Wonder how many cham keepers are reefers? Seems like more reefers would keep chams... Not sure yet, as this is only day 1 for chams but it seems like it's going to be a little less complicated than the tank... I sure hope so any way. I have a problem with jumping into things and not fully understanding what I'm getting into. But I guess that goes without saying for both of us right. lol.

Should have seen my first tank. About two years ago I went over to a friends house and saw his reef and was like... "That's cool, I'm getting one" 2 days later I drove to Kansas City for a craigslist add and brought home a 110 gal established system LMAO. My wife was not happy haha. What a journey that's been. my house is not big enough for the 110 gal so I have downsized to a 30 gal and a Bio Cube. It's funny how the smaller systems are more challenging to keep than a large one doesn't seem logical if you don't know the hobby.. Can't wait to get a bigger house.... I'ma put sharks in the wall :) Almost didn't even get chams... it was a toss up between chameleons and seahorses... Chams won. I actually have 2 of them now... but the other one is a little guy, I am keeping him in a cricket keeper.
I am conserned that I do not know enough to keep him alive yet... Didn't realize how small he was until he got here... Just went to petco and bought a large cricket keeper with no lid so he can get light. Put his little set up in the same cage with the ambilobe.
Going to set up my Rain Dome tomorrow so I'll just have to make sure that it doesn't rain in his little mini habitat lol.

Haha you don't need to tell me about small house bug tank syndrome I live In a very small place with over 200g of saltwater lol 180g display sps tank plus 40g breeder Lps tank and a 60g sump lol

Back
Top Bottom