Cheerio Tommy

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Today I had to make the hardest decision that an owner ever has to make. Tommy had Arthritis in his elbow and a tumour on his liver. This had grown quite quickly and although the vet examined him, the xrays told him far more. I made the decision to let Tommy go now. Sadly, I left him at the vets for xrays over 5 hours ago and didn't get chance to say goodbye to the big fella. His last few days with me were comfortable as I made him a fleece hammock under his basking spot so that he didn't have to physically hold on to a branch. Here's a few of my favourite photos, the last one is of him in his hammock, bless him. The vet is so lovely and always ends his concultations with a jovial 'Cheerio!'

So, as the vet would say 'Cheerio, Tommy'.:(

Tommy3.jpg

SunnyTom3.jpg

BlossomLargeCrop.jpg

ShowinOff.jpg

TommysHammock.jpg

These decisions are the toughest part of loving our companions, I think. I'm very sorry for your loss. Tommy was a beautiful, handsome boy!

So sorry to hear that.

I know from reading your posts here on the forums that he was a special lizard and brought a lot of joy to you and gave you a wonderful life-experience.

He had a beautiful pattern and the coloring on his face was lovely.

Tiff, So sorry to hear about Tommy. I have enjoyed seeing him on the forum and I know you gave him an unbelievable life and you should be proud of that. He was a gorgeous chameleon and that in part was reflected in the care he was given by you. I am sorry it came to the point where you had to make that decision. I am sure it was the right one. We will miss seeing Tommy. Rip big fella....:(

so sorry Tiff, you made a very tough decision and im sure it was for the best.
R.I.P Tommy

Oh Tiff, I'm so sorry! :( I think you've had Tommy the entire time I've been on this forum, I remember even voting on a possible name for him. He was beautiful, and I know you just adored him to bits. I'm glad the last couple years of his life were the best, kept with love and dedication that I'm sure he hadn't seen before.

Rest in peace little Tommy boy.

I have always enjoyed Tommy's pictures - he was such a handsome guy. You cared for him so meticulously - Keeping you and Tommy in my thoughts.

Sorry to here that Tiff, it sounds like you made the right decision even know it was a very tough one. Tommy was a beautiful boy, sorry for your loss.

So sorry about Tommy :( He was a very handsome man with a bunch of wonderful memories for you.

Cheerio Tommy...

Aww Tiff :( I'm so sorry.

It's never an easy choice. We all know how much you loved Tommy and you did right by him. I will miss seeing pictures of that beautiful boy he was a forum icon.

My Condolences

Aww Tiff i'm so sorry you had to make such a hard decision. Tommy was such a great looking guy and will be greatly missed by all. You are in our hearts and prayers.:(

:( So sorry about Tommy! You gave him a wonderful life, one that he didn't have with any of his previous homes. You were there for him especially in his greatest time of need and I'm sorry you had to make that hard decision but I know he is thanking you for it. Rest in peace Tommy.

Pip Pip Tommy!

Tiff I am so sorry for your loss. Tommy had a great life with you and was loved and cared for in the best way possible.

I sent a friend a card that recently lost her horse in the Brisbane floods and when I read this thread thought how much its relevant to you. The front page read:

"Perhaps they are not stars but rather than openings in Heaven where the love of our lost pours through and shines down and lets us know that they were happy and loved".

Back
Top Bottom