Chameleons after dark...

NERVOUS

Avid Member
Does anyone else wish their Cham(s) didn't go to sleep so early? I feel like I only have a part-time pet since my Cham goes to sleep as soon as the sun goes down. :D

Last edited:
I guess I am one of the few members here that run my chameleons on a different schedule. My reptile room has a very large window, but it has blinds and a very large oak tree that shades the south sun from entering. My lights don't turn on until 10 a.m. I like this schedule much better than sunrise to sunset, but it is only accomplished because my room stays dark.

My work keeps me up at very odd hours so this schedule is best for me. I really like to be able to have plenty of time with all them each day!

Mine were always kept in the lower levels so their lights came on at about 1pm and stayed on until after midnight. There were no lights in one of the rooms and one small blacked out one in the other room.

Same here 10 pm - 10 am works better for my work schedule and if the room is dark enough I don't think it is an issue - in the winter when it gets dark early my Cham will go to bed around 8:00 even if the lights go out at 10 but in spring and summer and fall it's more like 8:30 or 9:00 so for me 10:00-10:00 seems to be totally fine ... I'm pretty sure you could do like 9:00 am to 10:00 pm too 13/11 hour period instead of 12/12 if you're worried I don't think it would be harmful but I wouldn't push it to 14/10 or anything like that

Yea mine will go to his sleep spot an hour or so before lights out and scope out his digs,get comfortable and will curl up waiting for bed

I guess I am one of the few members here that run my chameleons on a different schedule. My reptile room has a very large window, but it has blinds and a very large oak tree that shades the south sun from entering. My lights don't turn on until 10 a.m. I like this schedule much better than sunrise to sunset, but it is only accomplished because my room stays dark.
I do the same thing so that way I at least can work with them in the evening hours. You're not alone! Lol

Back
Top Bottom