Chameleon keepers are an odd bunch

I like chams, Ren Fairs and video games! But no one I socialize with in my own town knows, so I guess that makes me a closet nerd. ;)

Last edited:
aeebcae6-62f3-49dd.jpg

I'm going against the stereotype as well. I'm an actor/writer, so I have to be a bit of a social butterfly. I like going out when I'm not busy as well :)

You should see the other group of people I interact with. Talk about weirdos. I promote raves.

I keep chameleons and go to raves(EDM Festivals). I must be really weird lol. Socially awkward, I wouldn't agree with. I'm extremely outgoing, talkative, and personable. Weird maybe, but who isn't?

People still goto Raves huh?? I remember back in the mid 90's they were CRAZY!!!
Some huge ones too. I remember there being one in the Tonoto Science Center :eek::cool:

It never caught on here in the states, or in Canada, the same way it did in the U.K. We're pretty much 10 years behind them, but that is quickly starting to change. Electric Daisy Carnival is in Las Vegas next month. There's going to be 300,000 people.

Lol careful where you go. Is all i gotta say and wear sleeves just in case people poke u with a needle.

That was a rumor in the 90's, it actually has no truth to the story. Just like alligators supposedly live in the sewers. I've been to so many, and I have never gotten anything.

In Hong Kong/China people love to collect birds and keep them in beautiful cages on a massive scale. They were very happy when I showed my Chams as they feel a similar appreciation (color and sound - well, skip the last point). And we are talking about 1.3 bil. people here.

As long as you can properly care for them, keep all the cats you like. :)

I feel that cat people are indeed a little bit weirder than reptile people. I have been involved with cat rescue groups in my attempt to do the right thing for these animals. They are truly amazing predators and I respect them for what they are but some of these people have been bamboozled completely by their evil charms! I generally like to keep 1 or 2 cats to keep rodents out of the house. I woke up to a mouse on my face many years ago, promptly got a cat and have had them ever since.

I don't worry about stray crickets at least. The cats love them! I do think it is funny to be that crazy cat person regardless of if it is true or not I just have no interest to "fit in" but I get on well with people and in social settings even though it is generally acknowledged I'm weird.

Society and most people tend to regard anyone who has more than 2 cats and 3 dogs and an aquarium as weird. I have the chameleon calendar hung up at work and people started telling me random reptile stories because I obviously like reptiles. ha ha

lol

I am VERY social!! I have friends in different areas of my life. Sports, Work, Cars,Bikes, Reptiles, Birds of prey, etc..

I just "dumb down" the other interests when i'm with the others.

Like i speak less about Chams or not in as much detail when i'm at the racetrack. When i first met my wife we took a drive to Maryland for a race i had. The whole way i was looking out the window and counting Redtail hawks. I guess she got a lil scared and asked "wtf are you doing?!?". I had to explain!!. She though i was That Cool/Tuff Guy till that EXACT moment! lmaoooooooo:rolleyes:

I'm a soccer mom, well, I would be if my girls wanted to play soccer, instead of leaning to be ninas. Before we moved to NY I worked full time on a voluntary basis doing counselling work, which I loved. Now I'm not allowed to work, according to my visa status, so I'm enjoying some downtime. And hoarding animals... though I suspect I've reached my limit for now. So I own a house, rent a house, drive an SUV, have two children and I've been happily married for almost 13 years.

BUT... I'm obsessed with the paranormal, am secretly heavily tattooed (summers in the burbs are tough) and I adore Marvel comics.

I reckon everyone is weird on one side, stereotypical on the other.

im probably the most social person you will ever meet. i love meeting people and talking to them about anything. at first you might think im awkward in the sense that i will come up to any person and start talking to them as if i knew them. My social skills have lead me to very interesting and awesome things in my life. And when i talk about chameleons people don't believe i actually own them because they have the stereotypical though of "people who like reptiles are weird" hahaha so its actually fun seeing there reaction when i tell them im really into keeping chameleons!:D

Well, I have to admit I am really social and do not consider myself awkward. I think I'm hilarious :p haha :D but anyway, I'm a girly girl and I love animals and nature and what not. I do a lot in the week and I'm not afraid of a lot of things, so I'm pretty outgoing. I'm kinda of the daredevil of the group, you know :p
So yeah, we all have something weird inside I have to admit. I am very weird too :D
I talk too much, see?
Heehee

I am a Chameleon and usually do a pretty good job of blending in. So most people don't know of my other activities and are often a bit suprised when i mention them.

Lets just say, i don't have the "look" of a Chameleon owner (let along someone with 6 of them). lol :D . It takes some people by suprise when they visit my home.:rolleyes:

I am VERY social!! I have friends in different areas of my life. Sports, Work, Cars,Bikes, Reptiles, Birds of prey, etc..

I just "dumb down" the other interests when i'm with the others.

Like i speak less about Chams or not in as much detail when i'm at the racetrack. When i first met my wife we took a drive to Maryland for a race i had. The whole way i was looking out the window and counting Redtail hawks. I guess she got a lil scared and asked "wtf are you doing?!?". I had to explain!!. She though i was That Cool/Tuff Guy till that EXACT moment! lmaoooooooo:rolleyes:

lMBAO THATS CUTE

Back
Top Bottom