Casque Fungus

Calypso85

Hello everyone. I am the proud owner of a male veiled chameleon. I have had him for a year now and he is perfectly healthy in terms of his eating habits, sleeping habits, coloration, and vital signs. My only concern is that recently his casque has formed a white (slightly yellow skin growth on the back of his casque where the spine meets with the casque. It appeared to be a small amount of skin that never came off during the shedding period, however, I have noticed that it cannot be removed. The texture of this growth is more consistent with a callused area of skin that is slightly hardened. I am pretty sure that this is a fungus and I am currently in the process of contacting my vet.

My question is what is the best recommended treatment for fungal growths. I've seen blogs go back and forth about topical versus oral, and this type of medication versus another one. I'd like to hear feedback from people that have used these products because I know that vets can make mistakes with diagnosing chameleons and I want my little guy to continue to be healthy.

Thank You

Back
Top Bottom